2014 F250 6.7 with Rotella T6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached is my first Blackstone report. Stock 2014 F250 with 79K. Rotella T6 5w-40, with Archoil 9100 additive. Left the Archoil out of my current T6 fill - will see if any difference in a few months (no MPG change so far after 500 miles).

Why did you change the oil, OLM came on?

The TBN is higher than some oil when new.

Typically you should change the oil in a diesel when the iron is very high or soot is high or fuel is high or TBN is low.

You could have run this oil a lot longer.

I will have a UOA soon with Motorcraft 10W30 CJ4 in my Powerstroke.

Originally Posted By: Donald
Why did you change the oil, OLM came on?

The TBN is higher than some oil when new.

Typically you should change the oil in a diesel when the iron is very high or soot is high or fuel is high or TBN is low.

You could have run this oil a lot longer.

I will have a UOA soon with Motorcraft 10W30 CJ4 in my Powerstroke.

Wanted to get a baseline before 1000+ mile 14K tow coming up. Do you find improved MPG with 10w30 in your Powerstroke?

Another round of T6. This one had no Archoil oil additive, whereas the last one had the Archoil. Iron went down without the Archoil oil additive, even though this fill included 1500 miles towing 14K and 1200 miles towing 3K (the last fill had no towing).

Nice report, is your IOLM telling you to change? Your interval is much shorter than my '15 as it takes me to 9,500-10,000 mi. consistently.

Originally Posted By: roadrunner1
Nice report, is your IOLM telling you to change? Your interval is much shorter than my '15 as it takes me to 9,500-10,000 mi. consistently.

My IOLM typically goes off between 7 and 7.5K. Changed this sooner before a 3K mile trip - and because I like to! T6 was doing good - great timing for this CK-4 shxt and change in T6 formulation . . .

Originally Posted By: claluja

My IOLM typically goes off between 7 and 7.5K. Changed this sooner before a 3K mile trip - and because I like to! T6 was doing good - great timing for this CK-4 shxt and change in T6 formulation . . .

Must be the difference in rear end ratio as I have 3.31 and I am going to assume yours is lower?

Originally Posted By: claluja

Must be the difference in rear end ratio as I have 3.31 and I am going to assume yours is lower?

I'm 3.55 e-locking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back