USA Industries Starters

Status
Not open for further replies.
The name reeks of a company that outsources all of its work and sells by brand "perception" above all.

Where does it rank in price next to the proven aftermarket option?

Auto Value used to sell them,they sell Valeo now.I think that speaks volumes.Also,USA's CV shafts are pretty bad,almost as bad as Cardone's....

Unfortunately, with ACDelco cheapening its line, there is no proven aftermarket option.

USA Industries (new) $102
Remy (new) $130
ACDelco (new) $176
ACDelco (reman) $246 + core

I suspect the three new starters USA/Remy/ACDelco are all from the same source.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Kira
Note to ACDelco: Reconcile the price difference between your new and used starters at your earliest. Kira

It is not an error. It is quite common that a reman starter/ alternator is more expensive than a new (probably Chinese made) starter/alternator.

http://www.usaind.com/

Quote:

Re-Manufactured in the USA

USA Industries re-manufactures exclusively in the USA and distributes product worldwide. We employ friendly and qualified ASE Certified support staff servicing all the needs of our customers.

Last edited:
USA industries reman starters and alternators are rebuilt in the USA. What I do not know is how long they will last. I would always be given one to install, and it would work well enough for the customer to go on their way.

One thing I liked is that they never carelessly sprayed them with cheap paint. As I like to say, if you can't do something as simple as paint properly, what else can't you do correctly?

I never heard of them having 100% new starters. If they are made in China or Taiwan, look out! I would often see China or Taiwan made starters at Hot Rod shows, and the case always looked like it was stamped improperly. If you can't stamp a piece of steel correctly, what else can't you do?

We have used Remy at work for quite awhile with very little trouble, I think maybe two or three in all the time we have used them.

I was able to find US re-manufactured alternator for my vehicle at very attractive price. Not surprisingly, the place where the rebuilt took place was on the extreme south end of California. But the individual I was in contact with had flawless communication skills in English language (probably better than mine :)

If anybody is interested, I can post their ebay shop url.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back