MIL spec info... MIL-L-210E/F

Status
Not open for further replies.
MIL-L-210E/F
Trying to find out what the requirements of this spec are but not having much luck- anyone here know?
Thanks!

Are you sure you're not looking for MIL-L-2104E?
If memory serves, that is the military's spec for motor oil.

MIL-L-2105 was canceled.

Quote:
MIL-PRF-2105E, dated 22 August 1995, is hereby canceled as of 16 February 2005 and has been replaced by Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) J2360, “Lubricating Oil, Gear Multipurpose (Metric) Use.

I read through MIL-L-2104E and it appears any base oil can be used although re-refined is preferred. Is there a mil spec specific to re-refined base oil only? Thanks for all the help- you guys rock!

There is not a seperate mil spec that I am aware of. The requirement is that the finished product meet the required mil spec irreguardless of the source of the base oil.

http://www.aviation.dla.mil/userweb/dscrld/RR.htm

If I could manage to get the pdf right I would post it.

Do a search for " dla re-refined oil " and you will find the pdf brochure. For some reason it will not function if linked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Be very careful buying oil using mil specs, I worked in oil sales for about 10 yrs. Ive seen fleets of city and state vechiles parked with blown engines due to purchasing oil spec to meet mil specs. Remember a mil spec is for wartime use. Just to get a truck from supply depot to front line with no considerstion except its oily and will keep the engine running until its hit with a bomb. Mil are mininum specs you can qualify

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back