Fuel Ratio for Mobil MXT2 on Husky chainsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I am a new member and have been reading this informative forum. I did a search and could not find a true answer for this question. What Fuel Ratio do you use for your Husky Chainsaws when using Mobil Synthetic MXT2. I have heard ratios form 32:1, 40:1, 50:1 and 100:1.

Also, has anyone every used the craftsman synthetic oil 3.2 oz bottles in these saws. If so what is your opinion of its quality and do you still use the 50:1 ratio.
Thank you in advance for you advice:D

Many of the Craftsman chainsaws are supplied by Poulan. Poulans tend to run at a 40:1 mix ratio, 3.2 oz. per gal. There's a good chance that this Craftman oil is also supplied thru Poulan or the Poulan 2 stroke oil blender source.

I have a Husky 345 chainsaw and My oil ratio of choice is 32 to 1. As a general rule, 32/1 or 4 oz per gallon is sufficient lubrication for nearly all applications and conditions. The only exception would be outboard engines, where the 50/1 ratio is sufficient due to low stress and moderate temperatures.

Chris

I have been running Amsoil Interceptor at 32:1 with no problems. Runs smooth with minimal smoke for a 32:1 mix. Husky 357XP and 371XP saws BTW. What I like about 32:1 the most? I use one gas can for all my 2 stroke needs. Mind you I have gone to 4 stroke Hondas for most of my small engine stuff.

If my calculations are right, for 1 gallon of gas I should mix 2.6 oz of oil for a 50:1 ratio and 3.2 oz for a 40:1 ratio.
It's not likely that I can get it exact, but it sounds like if I just mix 3 oz to a gallon I should be fine. Right?
The MX2T is meant for motorcycles, so I wonder if it's formulated to work at just about any ratio or if there is an optimum ratio. I'm talking the oil itself, not the equipment.
I know I'm making too much of an issue out of this.
nono.gif
Bad me.

Yes, 3 oz. per gallon would be more than fine (that's about 43:1). **** , I run the Amsoil stuff in my Husky at 80:1, and have never had a problem.

I finally found a place that sells MX2T and picked up a bottle. There is no mention of mix ratios on the label. Is this oil capable of 50-1 or should I mix it richer? Most people seem to mention 40-1 or more. I want to do the best for my equipment, which is all 50-1.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back