Mobil 1 0w40 VOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
VOA for recently purchased M1 0w40.

Spec'd as API SM / ACEA A3/B4 / MB 229.3/229.5 / BMW LL01 / VW 502.00/505.00 / Porsche A40

image1.png

OK? It looks great! Huge calcium, 200 ppm more phosphorus then GF-4, monster TBN, big boron. And it's not super duper thick. This is the universal, most widely available oil that's perfect for all European vehicles.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
OK? It looks great! Huge calcium, 200 ppm more phosphorus then GF-4, monster TBN, big boron. And it's not super duper thick. This is the universal, most widely available oil that's perfect for all European vehicles.

Yeah I agree. All things considered, you won't find a much better 0w oil.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
And it's not super duper thick.

As I recall GC's viscosity at 100 is in the...mid 12s?

And we have seen from UOAs that this 0W40 quickly shears to a 30wt so maybe in an engine this M1 acts much like super duper thick GC?

Hi,
21Rouge - You said this:
"And we have seen from UOAs that this 0W40 quickly shears to a 30wt so maybe in an engine this M1 acts much like super duper thick GC?"

This may be so but in many applications this lubricant has a very stabil viscosity over very long OCI

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Looks OK on paper, Nice Boron #.
The M1 HM 10w-30 has density of .87 v, .85 and a lower 100deg C viscosity but the same HTHS above 3.5cSt. And a -65F pour point. And higher zddp. So it should provide more power and fuel mileage and maybe more protection than this oil. I do like the high boron # though ...

Originally Posted By: rudolphna
HECK I'd run that it in my cav which spece 5W-30. That looks excellent, more ZDDP and Boron than PP. Very nice.
You talking the HM 10w-30?

Originally Posted By: rudolphna
HECK I'd run that it in my cav which spece 5W-30.

With all the glowing talk the last several months (and more) re this oil I think that is what many are considering.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back