Who Makes Super Tech Conventional And Synthetic ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who makes super tech and super tech synthetic oil here in nj?
Super Tech seems to be really good oil at a good price.. We use it in the shop when we run low on the bulk oil and have been using their synthetic in almost everything that calls for synthetic.
We had a uoa last year and it looked good but i dont remember if it was the syn or dino. One of the construction companies we deal with uses super tech dino and they get high mileage on their trucks before they bring them in for a rebuild we had a dodge with 277,000 come in for a valve job and the lower end sounded good also one of their 5.4 trucks with 223,000 miles for a total rebuild due to over heating (still ran)this company keeps their trucks for 12 -17 years and keeps their equipment running and looking great (they have their own body shop) some with 400,000 or so miles maybe on the second engine or trans but always freshly painted. They are seen all over new york. and new jersey. All on super tech according to the guys in their shop.

it really depends where you live, here in the west coast of Canada our SuperTech is made by Safety Kleen, their brand is Eco Power. The supertech diesel oil even has the "million mile" test jargon on the bottle, the same as eco power. Here in Canada Supertech is called "tune it" (silly name in my opinion)

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/15w-40-premium-diesel-engine-oil-189l/10241865?trail=&fromPLP=true&ancestorID=&searchString=&startSearch=&fromSearchBox=&addFacet=2004%3ATUNE+IT!

http://www.ecopoweroil.com/fleets

I understand the the eastern US has a different supplier (perhaps Warren)

In any case it is excellent engine oil and I would use it without hesitation. You can check the PQIA for oil analysis of different Supertech products

http://www.pqiamerica.com/index.html

The three choices depending on area (in united states) are : warren, xom, citco.
All are readly identified buy the bottles used.

Originally Posted By: caravanmike
The three choices depending on area (in united states) are : warren, xom, citco.
All are readly identified buy the bottles used.
Warren here

Northeast was XOM for a couple of years, but they are back to Warren Distribution. Basically the same oils as Autozone, Advance Auto, Proline (Pep Boys), Traveller (Tractor Supply), etc...
My Trailblazer is running nicely on the synthetic 5w30. I bought 7 quarts for about $28 after tax.
Where the Citgo variant is sold, all oils in the lineup are Citgo. It is a quality product no matter who is blending it.

Last edited:
If you look at the bottom of the bottles or jugs and it shows an embossed WPP, those are made by Warren Performance Products. If it shows G, it's most like made by Citgo or Mobil. Since I don't know who makes the ones stamped with G, I just stick with the ones made by WPP.

Originally Posted By: gregoron
If you look at the bottom of the bottles or jugs and it shows an embossed WPP, those are made by Warren Performance Products. If it shows G, it's most like made by Citgo or Mobil. Since I don't know who makes the ones stamped with G, I just stick with the ones made by WPP.

I looked on the bottom of my 5 qt Supertech synthetic bottle and it just says LEE in the middle of a big Q. Lee is the manufacturer of the bottle. Does Q stand for Quaker State?
There is no other identifier that would indicate where the oil came from.

Originally Posted By: salv
The bottles that say "Lee" on the bottom are Citgo.

LEE is a container corporation that manufacturers bottles for various uses and not for one particular company.
Lee Containers

So again I will ask, where is the identifier on the bottle that says what company makes or distributes the oil? The MSDS sheet does say CITGO but I would assume the bottle would have an identifier on it.

Supertech MSDS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back