Mobil 1 5W-20 now at COSTCO !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mobil 1 5W-20 now at COSTCO!!! They finally figured it out.
$36.99 + tax. I'll wait till it goes on sale then buy a pallet.

downsized_0106021155a.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 05Blazer
Why so excited over a subpar synthetic oil? Many better options out their for that price!

Subpar
lol.gif
How do you figure that its subpar?

$6.15/qt is a lot cheaper than many other places. Even by the quart, not jug, thats cheaper than walmart @ 6.79/qt and many other auto stores

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Man, that's HIGH!

$27.84 at Wal-Mart.

Yes, thats only 5qts, unlike the 6qts un those boxes...

Costco only stock the most selling grades, up until now 5-10W30 are selling more than any other grade.

Wait for $9 off coupon to bring the price down to $27.99 a case, and may be they will have 0Wxx.

I don't understand how Costco can have fewer locations, less selection and higher prices than WalMart and people get excited.

I love Costco, but can't for the life of me understand why anyone would buy oil there.

WalMart at 26 or even 27.84 is 5.50 a quart with 0-20 all the way to 40 weights. This is over 6 bucks. And you get your choice of 2 or 3 grades. And you still have to drive someplace else to get a filter???

Originally Posted By: bepperb
I don't understand how Costco can have fewer locations, less selection and higher prices than WalMart and people get excited.

I love Costco, but can't for the life of me understand why anyone would buy oil there.

WalMart at 26 or even 27.84 is 5.50 a quart with 0-20 all the way to 40 weights. This is over 6 bucks. And you get your choice of 2 or 3 grades. And you still have to drive someplace else to get a filter???

Let's see. I only buy oil there when it goes on sale, and their prices are lower than Walmart. I get 2% back for shopping there. I don't use aftermkt filters. I like going to Costco. No one tries to pepper spray you at Costco on Black Friday and the people working and shopping there don't look like they just got out on parole.

Akin to Target, I try to do more shopping there, dont have the "Walmart Shoppers"...
Regardless, You cant avoid Walmart, thats like trying to Avoid McDonalds. And what do you know? Most Walmarts have Mcdonalds IN THEM and/or Across the street LOL.

I buy oil wherever I am, usually, I dont buy filters at Walmart, but some now Carry Bosch filters, so I might next time, I dont know

Originally Posted By: 05Blazer
Why so excited over a subpar synthetic oil? Many better options out their for that price!

And your Valvoline 10w40 is better? you don't like the lube move along way post at all?

Originally Posted By: TJPark01
bepperb said:
Let's see. I only buy oil there when it goes on sale, and their prices are lower than Walmart. I get 2% back for shopping there. I don't use aftermkt filters. I like going to Costco. No one tries to pepper spray you at Costco on Black Friday and the people working and shopping there don't look like they just got out on parole.

LOVE IT !!

Costco's regular price on oil is not lower than Walmart's every day price. But Costco usually has $9 coupon on a case with some limit about every few months, this coupon will bring the price down to less than $5/qt. But I didn't buy it the last several times because they didn't have what I like which is 0Wxx. Currently Costco has $9 off coupon for either Shell or Chevron conventional, it makes the price per quart down to around $2, which is about 40-50% less than elsewhere.

Autozone will have 5 qt M1 with Bosch oil filter for $29.99 in about 10 days, that will make it a good buy if you want 0W40, which is not available in 5-qt jug, only in quart bottle for $6.xx at Walmart.

Cost of oil $5.50 per quart; sense of humour priceless..
lol.gif

Last edited:

You'll have to pardon my ignorance, I didn't notice you were in LA. It's understandable you wouldn't want to go into a WalMart there. There are plenty around here I wouldn't want to go in either.

But here in suburban Oil Heaven (where PP is still 18 bucks for 5 quarts) WalMart has M1 for 22 bucks / 5 quarts and Costco has the 6 pack for 36.99. Even the 6 dollar IIRC coupon is laughable. And the Walmart employees aren't that bad... knocking on wood and praying...

But here in suburban Oil Heaven (where PP is still 18 bucks for 5 quarts) WalMart has M1 for 22 bucks / 5 quarts and Costco has the 6 pack for 36.99. Even the 6 dollar IIRC coupon is laughable. And the Walmart employees aren't that bad... knocking on wood and praying...

If you're paying 3.6 a quart for PP why even bother with M1. Mobil 1 goes on sale regularly at Costco near me. 28 bucks for 6. More importantly, you don't need a tentnus shot after you get home.

35.gif

If you're paying 3.6 a quart for PP why even bother with M1. Mobil 1 goes on sale regularly at Costco near me. 28 bucks for 6. More importantly, you don't need a tentnus shot after you get home.

Well I don't and I do buy the PP but a recent development... WM has M1 0w-20.

Don't misunderstand me. WalMart has it's moments where I'd certainly pay more to have a better experience (and outside of oil generally higher quality products) elsewhere. I just happen to live in an area where WM has really cheap oil prices, decent employees and actually is across the parking lot from Costco. And I think that heavily influences my position. Then again I eat hot dogs at Costco (a generally gross food I don't eat elsewhere) and probably would never eat in a WalMart, so there certainly exists a difference in ... well... cleanliness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back