Resolute 5w30 on sale at fleet farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I went to Fleet farm after adopting a new dog and as I was walking back to the dog section I noticed 5 quart jug of resolute 5w30 for $6.99

When you factor in a $2.85 purolator classic filter (and a 3K / 4K OCI) the deal is even better than oreilly's $11.99 5 qts of oreilly oil and a microgard filter.

Resolute has the API starbust on it and last time I researched it, it was made by citgo.

I plan on running it for 4K in my blazer and 3K in my suburban.

Wow, some great deals at Fleet farm. I wonder if we have any of those in Ohio?? Google time.....

Yes, it is made by CITGO as Mills Fleet Farm has a major contract with CITGO. All of their automotive service departments have bulk CITGO in them. As much as most like to bad mouth CITGO (for what I consider the wrong reasons) they do make an excellent product. If the Resolute was the same formula as the CITGO brand it would really be a good oil. It does meet specs but it's not CITGOS best.

I agree with Johnny.

I wouldn't consider it top tier fluid, but OTOH, for 3-4k mile OCIs, it should work ok.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback guys... I thought for the price and only using it for a 3K oil change it shouldn't hurt, especially when I'm using purolator filters

The oreilly deal of $11.99 for 5 qts oreilly and a microgard (cough orange can of death in black stealth packaging) isn't as good in my opinion.

I do run 10K OCI's on full synthetic and mobil1 / pure1 filters however this stuff is strictly a 3 - 4K oil (if it looks like it's got a little life left in it at 4K I'll probably push to 5K with my blazer as I'm kind of itching to get rid of it :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back