BEST WAY TO DRINK SCOTCH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fact moribundman full body armour is probably a requirement. An American could probably get away with that kind of gaff, but not me.

I've never had Scotch, but I do truly enjoy Bushmills Irish Whiskey. Good stuff, IMHO. Give er a go, in moderation of course.
wink.gif

Sorry for tinkerin with yur Scotch thread there Paddy, with me derdy Irish Whiskey talkin.
leprechaun.gif

Good responses all. One must ponder about a thread about Scotch started at 9 am that has received such a response by midday.
beer2.gif
smile.gif

Chivas Regal was my preferred means of self medication when I was in the Air Force in Turkey.

Best when sipped slowly out of a glass with no dilutents or additives.

Quote:

A Skunks a$$ has a bit more bouquet and is just a tad more gamey than Scotch. Other than that,its a dead heat in the tastes like ---- department.

I'd VOTE for this 'ol Boy!!!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,except He's too honest for politics!

Bob

Quote:

Chivas Regal was my preferred means of self medication when I was in the Air Force in Turkey.

Best when sipped slowly out of a glass with no dilutents or additives.

Drink any absinthe over there? Talk about a nasty taste....

Quote:

Scotch whiskey is the most disgusting liquid I've spat sorry tasted. Weird when my ancestry is Scottish (Murray clan)

I think I visited your castle at Blair Atholl. Nice little place, but what's with all the antlers hanging on the walls?

I have to side with the 'tastes like sh*t' group. I tried it once not knowing what I was in for, and it literally triggered my gag reflex. My taste buds were convinced I'd poured kerosene in my mouth. But I'll admit to not having very sophisticated taste in beverages. Dry red wine is also nasty IMO. Not sure if it's sophistication that allows one to drink things that taste this bad or if it's just a strong desire for self-torture.

Pretty much any hard core liquor tastes like ---- IMO; Vodka stored in the freezer and taken down with a shot glass is the way to go if you want to drink liquor (ie you want to get messed up with your buddies). I have no clue how one goes about acquiring a taste for liquor; ie drinking it straight up. Alcoholism maybe? BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

A nice flavorful beer or mixed drink is the way to go. Rum and coke is a very nice and forgiving combination IMO.

Quote:

Drink any absinthe over there? Talk about a nasty taste....

Other than local wines, which weren't bad, the only Turkish booze I drank was Raki, and not much of that. I'm going back to Turkey for awhile next April after over 40 years. I'll have to see if it still tastes the same.

I've never had absinthe, I missed an opportunity last April in Prague. There is an interesting Vodka in the picture too.
8490_P1000773Small.jpg

"In 2004 Kübler Absinthe secured US formula approval for an authentic absinthe (containing traditional ingredients) made in Val-de-Travers, Switzerland.[56] It took three more years to get the label approved and bring real absinthe to the US, after an absence of more than 90 years. US approval is due to the efforts of Dan Dotson (a Texas importer) and Peter Karl (export manager at Kübler) from 2003 to 2007.[57]

In 2007, Viridian Spirits LLC released Lucid, an authentic absinthe made using grande wormwood (Artemesia absinthium), in the US. Lucid is reported to have a low enough Thujone content to pass US regulatory requirements.[58]"

Absinthe was popular down here when Kylie was the green fairy.

It was OK.

made for interesting late night conversations, coupled with a sudden realisation that your legs were no longer connected to your nervous system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back