Sponsor ships = $$

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.redlineoil.com/news_article.asp?id=182

Quote:

“Much of Red Line’s early development and branding began at the Runoffs,” said Red Line president, Tim Kerrigan, “so we are very disappointed that we could not reach an agreement with Heartland Park Topeka over renting a garage and distributing our products to the hundreds of racers that we sponsor for that weekend. We understand how much the racers appreciated the more than $30,000 in free product that we distributed each year, but we couldn’t make it work given the restriction of the venue.”

Is it common for oil companies to give their oil away to racers if they put the oil company's name on their cars? Or do most just pay teams outright?

Hey Pablo...I want to start racing, how's about you spot me, say $1000 worth of Amsoil products, then I'll put your very personalized sticker on my hood. Oh, I'll try to win saome races while I'm at it!
grin.gif
laugh.gif
crackmeup.gif

Seriously, though, I would think that that would be a small price to pay to reap some of the sales that the said advertising would give. I know that in my not so educated about oil days, I would want to rush out after a race and buy the oil that was painted (or should I say stuck) on the side of my favorite driver's car. Then, I would go make the car try to do what was just done in the race.

The folkes always did wonder why the car seemed to rattle more, and go faster every time I brought it back. They would also question why the fuel guage always was reading closer to the E, instead of the F when they handed me the keys...
whistle.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back