LMX Red Grease - any good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I placed an order for some Mystik JT-6 High Temp #2 grease from thegreathardwarestore.com because of the good posts I read on here about it. However, they sent me LMX Red Grease instead because they are no longer carrying the JT-6. They are sending me a shipping carton to ship it back to them and they are going to give me all of my money back. It would have been nice had they contacted me before sustituting a product, but it is what it is now. Now, it is a more expensive grease ($1.30 more for 14oz tube) and they didn't charge me for the extra, so if it's a good grease worth keeping, I'll use it.

Before I ship it back, I thought I'd get everyone's opinion on this grease. Is it just as good as JT-6? Would it be a good grease for normal greasing (ball joints, etc..) on a Silverado?

Any thoughts?

Here's what I found out about it:
Grade: 2
Drop Point: 510
4 ball weld: 315
4 ball scar: .50
Timken load: 45
lithium complex

It's made by Plews Edelmann under the brand Lubrimatic code# 11390

That's all I can find on it. The Timken load is much lower than Mystik (45 vs 80). Is that a significant difference for regular auto applications?

Does that help much?

If not, does anyone know where I can order Mystik grease by the tube instead of the 10 pack?

for roller bearing as in wheel it sounds OK I'd use it instead of returning it, The higher timken will be better tho for tie rod ends and ball joints. Sounds like a "
general use grease which would be OK.
bruce

Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to send it back since, like you said, bruce, the higher Timken would be better.

Tempest - I looked on Napa online and nothing came up for it. Thanks anyways.

Interesting, since I saw some Mystic High temp on the self at my local Napa.
confused.gif
Must be a local thing.

It could be. I'll have to call the Napas around here and see if any of them carry it. I'll have to call the ones in neighboring cities as the owner of the local Napas backed into my truck in a parking lot, less than a month after I bought it, and tried to drive off without leaving a note or anything. Luckily I was nearby and got him before he drove off. A real a-hole.

Just another FYI but I saw some Mystik JT-6 High Temp #2 grease at Walmart yesterday for $2.50 a tube. I had to pick it up twice to make sure I was actually seeing it correctly.
laugh.gif

I never thought of even looking at Walmart. I generally only go to that store as a last resort, but never would have for grease. I may have to check ours out.

Our TSC has the normal Multipurpose Mystik JT-6, but not the High Temp. Mine didn't even have the bulk loading JT6 HT that's listed on their website.

I did manage to get my hands on some. I'm going to start a new thread since other people looking for it may not look at a thread titled "LMX Red Grease". In case they do, I found it online at thedrillspot.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back