Gibbs goes to Toyota

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm through with NASCAR. I hope "piggy boy" Mike Helton and the remaining France juniors get what they deserve, the DEATHof their precious series. They have opened "pandora's box" by letting the Nippon Giant into the series in the first place.
mad.gif
nono.gif

Since they would never be Chevy's top team their move makes good business sense. This is business. Who cars what name is on the car as long as you get the help to field a winning team.

Quote:

Since they would never be Chevy's top team their move makes good business sense. This is business. Who cars what name is on the car as long as you get the help to field a winning team.

Especially because Toyota will likely throw cubic tons of money their way. I am guessing they won't be winning championships next year, but having JGR onboard puts Toyota on the right path to being a competitive manufacturer week in and week out. I hope they don't run roughshod over the competition like in trucks though!!

Jon

Quote:

I'm through with NASCAR. I hope "piggy boy" Mike Helton and the remaining France juniors get what they deserve, the DEATHof their precious series. They have opened "pandora's box" by letting the Nippon Giant into the series in the first place.
mad.gif
nono.gif

Walk over to your car and put your ear on the hood, and listen.

You hear that?

Yes, that.

That's the sound of the Nippon giant putting your car's manufacturer out of business.

Quote:

Quote:

mad.gif
nono.gif

Walk over to your car and put your ear on the hood, and listen.

You hear that?

Yes, that.

That's the sound of the Nippon giant putting your car's manufacturer out of business.

laugh.gif
Now that's funny given it's so true.

I wouldn't worry much about Toyota dominating the series. Nascar makes the rules and will change them in an instant if they see their precious TV ratings falling.

Lets face it, it all stopped being racing and started being "entertainment" a long time ago. That's quite obvious when you listen to the folks from Nascar talk about their "product" instead of about racing.

Anyway, none of this changes the fact that a few of the drivers, Gordon and Stewart in particular, are world class no matter what the Nascar haters maintain...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back