need some help

Status
Not open for further replies.
as soon as i get a couple bucks im gonna pull the motor and find out why i found metal slivers on my magnetic drain plug. all started with alot of copper material in my first oil change and then the next one have very little. this 3rd time, i havent cut the filter open yet, at 600miles i found 5 slivers of metal. im pretty sure its bearings, if thats the case, they are very bad off.
i have a picture of the first oil change material i found. its not the best picture but its a good idea, the 2nd time i only may have had a 1/2 dime size of material.
btw, heres the reason for posting here, my dad said to use Rotella T 15w-40, he said hes used it for years with no problems, well i have now found out that new motors and rebuilt motors have tighter clearances, too thick of oil is bad. is it possible that the oil i used is way to thick and did not oil the bearings properly?

flakes.jpg

HPIM0705.jpg

HPIM0704.jpg

thanks for all your help guys.

mad.gif
crazy.gif
crushedcar.gif
dunno.gif

Ouch - give us all the details - engine, conditions, time on oil, everything you can list.

That can't be good. But my thoughts immediately: it has nothing to do with the oil selection.

The oil didnt do that so dont blame the oil. I would bet the machine shop that rebuilt the engine messed up some clearances in some way. Either that or they didnt clean the block very good after the machine work and thats what is showing up right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back