Need Oil Recomendation For 2007 Hyundai Tiburon GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
My girlfriend and I just purchased a brand new 2007 Tiburon GT. This car has the 2.7L DOHC V6 and from what I can tell they recommend a 20 weight. The car currently has 500 miles on it and I am planning on changing it at 3000. Does anyone have any expereience on what type and brands of oil this car seems to like. I am definatly planning on running a synthetic of some type, just not sure what kind.

As far as synthetics, there was a rumor that Hyundai's came with either Pennzoil or QS synthetic as factory fill. I don't think any proof was ever presented though...

I believe the factory fill these days is a very moly-rich QS, but also not sure. I know a lot of dealers around here use Castrol GTX, according to my dad who owns a 2003 Santa Fe. His seems to like it based on the UOA we did. I shared some of my $.95/quart Durablend with him on his last change and he says the 2.7 seems to like that too, but it only has about 1,000 miles on that oil and no UOA on it yet.

Last edited:
What would you like to use? What are you concerned about? If you should decide to run a 5W20 MotorCraft,M1,Havoline and Pennzoil have all turned in great UOA.

I've done a little research and weighed the options. The Schaeffers looks intriguing to me but I cannot find any VOAs or UOAs on the Supreme 7000 5W-20. My next option would be Pennzoil Platinum 5W-20. From the UOAs I have seen this looks like a great oil and is easily found nearby. My final two options would be either Amsoil ASM 0W-20 or XLM 5W-20. I have used Amsoil products in the past with mixed results, but these two oils look like they are pretty good. I must also note that my OCIs while this car is under warranty will be OEM intervals and I will be using an EAO Filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back