Stationary bike lifts....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or whatever the devices are that allow you to pedal like mad in you home or garage or back yard....with your existing bike.

I have a bad neck. I cannot ride my bike anywhere. Don't ask. I need to get some exercise, when even walking is questionable, but I can ride stationary, but don't want to buy a stationary bike.

Anyone have a set? Brands? Costs?

Thx.

P

I tried a set of rollers once and fell off and blew into the christmas tree. It made for great home video.

Quote:

I tried a set of rollers once and fell off and blew into the christmas tree. It made for great home video.

I'll bet it did!!!
laugh.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
crushedcar.gif
popcorn.gif

Seriously - there must be a safe option? No?

Pablo,
I bought a cheap DAWES bike on Ebay, sold the brakes on ebay, mounted the bike on a Resistance trainer I bought from Performance bike for about 150.00. Total cost was about 250.00. I use this bike for indoor resistance training only. I have 4 others I ride in the real world, and I do ride on rollers sometimes...but, I wouldn't suggest rollers for fitness, they are for technique.

Hope that helps!

Go to Performancebike.com, click on Trainers, look at the Travel Trac Century Fluid trainer, on sale for 149.00, item number 40-2317D.

I like the Fluid trainers better than the magnetic ones. AND, you don't need the ones with adjustable resistance...you change the resistance just by shifting your bike....the changeable resistance models are for those people with a single-speed bike.

I have the adjustable resistance Travel Trac (older model) and Titan is right. You don't need it. I took the cable off and ziptied the resistance unit to the hardest setting (I also have 80W90 gear oil in it too but that's another story!). It's boring a heck but it helps on rainy days and such. I would definitely recommend the front wheel riser block as well. Adds stability and levels the bike.

I will add that these trainers are noisy, especially with mountainbike tires. Save your sanity and find a spare wheel with a slick tire or swap tires on your existing rim before you ride. Riding the trainer alot will also result in excessive tire wear. Use a towel or mat under it to catch the sling off from the chain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back