Right Stuff De-Ruster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone ever use this stuff? I just found it down at my local AAP and since I am trying to rust coat my new vehicle against PENNDOT I picked up a quart.

I am using rustbullet right now but in some areas it is VERY hard to get past the frame with any size of paintbrush. I thought if I could spray this stuff in there it might add some protection?

I am very very paranoid about rust, my last car(daytona) was literally eaten by rust underneath before I got it and I couldnt win the battle at that point. This car appears to be in great shape engine/tranny wise and I do not want to lose her due to rust.

If "Right Stuff" can't do it, is there another product that is one step like RB? That POR15 has just too much work to do to get it to bond correctly(I have to work without jacks/stands due to living in an apartment).

Thanks!

I don't know if it's off-topic or not but I used Rust Bullet on my quarter panels in my Integra and it came back a few weeks later.
mad.gif
I'm thinking that it's somehow coming from behind, causing the paint to bubble back up.

Yeah I have heard of that issue with RB. If the rust in on both sides of the panel, you need to coat both side in rust bullet. I think these treatments are best on surface and mild rust that isn't fully advanced through the entire piece. Once that happens it seems you must simply get rid of the bad material.

Dang Rust.
smile.gif

heh heh, best chassis anti-rust process I ever had was in an old Dart that used a pint of ATF a month. It had a leaky out put seal on the trans. It was rusted to the door handles on the sides , but the underneath was like new under the ATF

Quote:

heh heh, best chassis anti-rust process I ever had was in an old Dart that used a pint of ATF a month. It had a leaky out put seal on the trans. It was rusted to the door handles on the sides , but the underneath was like new under the ATF

I have actually heard a few folks mentioning mixing ATF and LC20 as an anti-rust treatment for the belly of a car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back