Auto Shift Bicycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw an interesting infomercial about a bicycle that shifts itself, does anyone know about this, anyone own one, does it work as advertised? I think it might have been called Landrider.

Cycle Freak
feedtroll.gif

I've seen the infomercial. To me, it looks cheaply made. It might work for you, but personally, I wouldn't waste my money.

A reputable bike shop should be able to equip you with a serviceable auto-shifting bike. My local bike shop has a very nice one. I'm not sure who makes the rear wheel with all the gears & stuff.

I think moribundman has an auto-shifting bicycle. You might want to quiz him. Has he been around lately?

I rode one of them. For casual riding on basically level pavement, they are fine. You don't want one if you are going to be constantly going up and down hills, or if you want to ride hard. But around town they let you keep your attention on the road and ignore the gears.

A while back I remember seeing something like that on tv. It had some sort of weights on the rear wheel. Didn't really make me want to buy it, looks too complicated. I guess it would be considered like an automatic transmission.

I still like the good old shifting it by yourself. When I am going on hills I like to be able to select the gear I want. Would be a bit annoying if it keeps shifting when going uphill.

mori,

I love my new ride. How did you get a pic?

I wasn't being a smarty-pants; I thought you had an auto-shifting bike. I guess I was mistaken. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got an appointment with a shiny new Mongoose. Wheeeeeeeee..............

Trek and giant have autoshift bikes. To me they are like cars. Have some contril and shift it yourself and save the weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back