To Amsoil dealers: Amsoil Price in South Korea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was a devoted Amsoil user during my stay in the States.
However, when I went back to Korea, one quart of 5W-30 ASL
costs more than $18! Which made me a convert to mobil1 because it is more reasonably priced (still a ripoff at $10.5 per quart).

Here is my questions to Amsoil dealers in this forum:
1. Is the price high in Korea because of exclusive
distribution agreement to one particular dealer?
All Internet price is same at $18 per quart.

2. What is the contact info. at Amsoil USA so I can
send my complain letters?

3. Any one of you willing to export reasonably priced
Amsoil to Korea?

Thanks in advance.

I think the price maybe just reflected in shipping charges and any import tariffs.

AMSOIL INC.
AMSOIL Building
Superior, Wisconsin 54880
Phone: (715) 392-7101
Fax: (715) 392-5225

1) I am not sure who distributes oil in S. Korea, but yes those prices sound out of line. I have no idea if he has an agreement or how it is set up.
2) Shoot them an email via the Amsoil website contact or contact me with a PM/email and I can get some answers for you.
3) There is a distributor in Singapore that is at least a little closer, who may save you a bit in freight, but the hassle and margins and freight from the USA for small case quantities hardly make it worth for a dealer in the USA.

Again contact me off line.

Thanks,

Paul

Well, I am not expecting same selling price as in the US
with additional shipping cost, tariff, etc involved.
But compared to Mobil1 price in Korea, Amsoil price is just crazy. I want to try AMSOIL Series 2000 0W30 but it costs
$25 per quart in Korea!

Amsoil is relatively unknown brand in Korea (compared to Mobil1 that is). And I think it is being advertised as a premium oil and thereby the sellers decide to charge outrageous price for it.

FYI, Mobil1 Extended Performance 5W30 sells for $11 per quart which makes Mobil1 product more reasonable. Btw,
all mobil1 products are brought from US so I don't see why
Amsoil should be priced much higher.

Well, I am not expecting same selling price as in the US
with additional shipping cost, tariff, etc involved.
But compared to Mobil1 price in Korea, Amsoil price is just crazy. I want to try AMSOIL Series 2000 0W30 but it costs
$25 per quart in Korea!

Amsoil is relatively unknown brand in Korea (compared to Mobil1 that is). And I think it is being advertised as a premium oil and thereby the sellers decide to charge outrageous price for it.

FYI, Mobil1 Extended Performance 5W30 sells for $11 per quart which makes Mobil1 product more reasonable. Btw,
all mobil1 products are brought from US so I don't see why
Amsoil should be priced much higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back