Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD Mobil 1 ESP 4K miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's the analysis after 4006 miles on new 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WK) CRD with M-B 3.0L engine with factory fill of Mobil 1 5W-30 ESP (MB 229.51):

OA_04K.gif

Iron is steadily climbing. If it goes above 40 ppm, it'll be in the abnormal range. Aluminum is approaching the maximum normal range of 10 ppm. Silicon has only gone up 4 ppm over baseline at 1000 miles. Viscosity is very stable. Soot is still surprisingly low. TBN is still dropping and has not yet stabilized. At about 6000 miles, I'll change the oil and filter. I've got a case of Mobil 1 5W-30 ESP on order from AV Lubricants. I'll also install an Amsoil EaBP-110 bypass filter assembly, which will probably bring the crankcase up to an even 3 gallon capacity.

Doug: I am concerned with the relatively high silicon levels.. I like to see single digit SI. Have you checked the induction system closely for leaks? Highly recommend....
There is a correlation with the elevated copper/iron...
George Morrison, STLE CLS

Silicon is up only 4ppm in 4K. According to the Oil Analyzers guide, the maximum normal amount would be 15 ppm over oil baseline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back