Knowledgeable new Amsoil dealers wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps. Maybe I'm just fooling myself, but I have a spoken and unspoken rule with my customers that I simply won't bother them much, if at all unless they need help. Most people seem to appreciate this. It doesn't mean I'm being lazy or missing opportunities. I believe in passive contact. If someone expresses interest, I hop to it ASAP.

I didn't say bug them ever other day to become a dealer.

Every 6 months or so, I send a "thank you for being a great customer" (ever business owner should do this) Along with that I will just mention something about the dealer program. I always put it as "Do you know someone that would be interested" So I'm not say YOU, but maybe a lightbulb will click or maybe they really do know someone who would like to be a dealer.

Any Sales Bible will talk about customer service, staying in touch with a customer, and asking for referals. Anyone that is doing business with you, should be honored to pass a referal to you.

But hey, the beauty of the Amsoil business is that you can do it your own way.

There is a small tire store here that is fighting to stay alive against some major competition. They sell Kumho tires among others at low prices. Whenever a customer comes in for any purchase big or small, they they will send a small thank you card saying how they appreciate their business and a thank then for any future referrals. I had one of the cards but cannot locate it right now. The owner says it really pays off with loyal and repeat customers. I am thinking of do it also.

I've been riding the fence on becoming a dealer for so long I have a million splinters in my but! I started using Amsoil back in the late 70's early 80's when my late uncle was selling it. I am a PC right now and I don't think I have a sponsor as I believe that I signed up on my own direct without a sponsor, I am checking on that to be sure but I don't think I have one. I was looking at doing an LLC for tax and legal purposes. I even have a nifty name thought up.
grin.gif
But I am just not sure about how to go about it all yet. Too bad you are so far away from me, I'll just have to absorb knowledge from reading your posts while I sit on the fence a little longer!
smile.gif

Quote:

I've been riding the fence on becoming a dealer for so long I have a million splinters in my but! I started using Amsoil back in the late 70's early 80's when my late uncle was selling it. I am a PC right now and I don't think I have a sponsor as I believe that I signed up on my own direct without a sponsor, I am checking on that to be sure but I don't think I have one. I was looking at doing an LLC for tax and legal purposes. I even have a nifty name thought up.
grin.gif
But I am just not sure about how to go about it all yet. Too bad you are so far away from me, I'll just have to absorb knowledge from reading your posts while I sit on the fence a little longer!
smile.gif

If you call AMSOIL directly at 715-392-7101 and tell them your PC account number they will be able to provide you sponsor info. Every PC has a sponsor even if you registered directly.

Quote:

If you call AMSOIL directly at 715-392-7101 and tell them your PC account number they will be able to provide you sponsor info. Every PC has a sponsor even if you registered directly.

You are correct! I checked over the copies of my paperwork and there was no mention of a sponsor anywhere on it. I did e-mail Amsoil corp. and received an e-mail back with my sponsor’s name. Apparently one was assigned after I sent in my paperwork to them, however I did not know that or knew who it was. I know his name now but I never have heard of him or knew he existed before now.

I have never ever been contacted by him at all. If I where to become a dealer this would have to change as I would want a sponsor who is more than just a commissions collector and someone who would be interested in getting me started, at least someone who would check on my progress from time to time.
coffee.gif

I'm not sure Amsoil lets you change who your sponsor is if you are already signed up as a PC.

The sticky at the top of this section has that answer. It's 1-year after you stop being a PC you can sign up with a different sponsor. I did that recently to sign up under Pablo.

I became a PC and changed to another dealer within days of my order....emailed the contact info on the Amsoil site.

Quote:

I became a PC and changed to another dealer within days of my order....emailed the contact info on the Amsoil site.

If you nab it fast enough and you weren't previously a lead - plus tell them you meant to sign up with XXXXXX then they are reasonable.

Quote:

so if one becomes a new amsoil dealer...an you get advertising on this board like the others...?

Unfortunately not currently on this board. There are already 3 Amsoil sponsors here. However, there are many automotive boards out there, many new ones too, that need sponsors.

Quote:

so if one becomes a new amsoil dealer...an you get advertising on this board like the others...?

Depends who you are. Some dealers get burned out answering "groundhog day" questions so they give up their slot to another knowledgeable dealer in their team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back