Knowledgeable new Amsoil dealers wanted!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to get a few new Amsoil dealers under my wing. If you are energetic and not easily put down, sales experience or not, please contact me.

Do you possess some level of lubrication knowledge? Not a hard requirement, but to properly grow and become T-1 certified, having valuable knowledge is a real plus for your customers. A strong desire to learn? Like most things in life, to do it right, learning is key.

You can get started in your area – be it on the web in a forum, or in “real” life in your town. If you are T-1 certified you can sponsor race teams. Lots of open possibilities.

No minimum inventory. No mandatory goals. Go at your own pace is the total truth. Low (< $50) sign up fee and starting books. You get the full support, including web reports, from Amsoil. All sales materials are now available via the web. This is not a get rich quick scheme – it takes real work. But if you put some energy into the business you will be rewarded with a decent commission system.

Just shoot me an email or PM.

Thanks,

Paul
patriot.gif

If you would allow me to interject Pablo I would appreciate it.

I was hesitant to sign up as a dealer in 1995. Because of what some refer to as the marketing method. But the product offerings could not be resisted. So I signed up and have never looked back.

I have learned a lot of information. Amsoil has training at corporate and courses that you can take online. They also have more literature than all the other oil companies combined. Or at least it seems. So if you like to read be prepared they have a lot of stuff that is available to you.

Although I have not gone on to be as successful and famous as Pablo I really enjoy the experience of being a dealer. I have also never felt pressured at all to do anything I did not want to do. I was only encouraged if I wanted grow a business. But Pablo could be a stern taskmaster, so one never knows?
laugh.gif

To me it has been and continues to be a very enjoyable experience. Being a member of this board is just icing on the cake.

Becoming an AMSOIL dealer was the best thing that I have evey come across. For years I looked at diferent business opertunities.....all required huge investments of $$$ to get started.
Not so with AMSOIL.
This have been an AMSOIL dealer since 1993. I have also become Regency Direct Jobber.
May not mean much to most, but it is something most AMSOIL dealers can appreciate.
I must say I too learn from Pablo. He is a very sharp guy!!
smile.gif

I have a lot of respect for what Amsoil has done over the last 2 years. I sometimes wonder if they read Pablo's letter he sent them a few years ago when IMO, Amsoil wasn't as good as it should have been.
laugh.gif
We'll never know!

I got handed the best "in" to being a dealer that there is as a site sponsor here. Michael Sparks has bent over backwards to get me started. I can't say enough about the support he's given me and those who've signed up under me.

One great thing about Amsoil... They provide all the accounting, inventory, and other means of support that would be cost prohibitive or require an incredible amount of either time or investment to duplicate. All you have to do it plug away steady. It's a no brainer ..literally. If you can be a disorganized and fragmented clown like myself and manage to ONLY have to do your job as a dealer ..and STILL have virtually no limit to your success ceiling ...that's more than anyone can ask for.

I went into this on a "why not?" basis. I had used the filtration products for years and found them all top quality. I quickly realized the longer term potential for true, lasting, gain with nothing more than continued effort.

btw- although the lion's share of my customers came from BITOG (THANK YOU!), it's quickly being matched by those wanting a local dealer. Not that people are ringing my phone off the hook, but it surprised me how many want a local dealer to do business with.

What other form of alternative income allows you to develop it on as aggressive or as casual a basis as you decide? Are you going to get rich in 90days? No ..but with continued effort it can develop into something that you can't afford not to have.

If you're signed up as a dealer/PC, you're "stuck" with them for good, correct? Unless you have legit reasons to change, such as anger between the two, disrespectful sponsor, etc.

I only received contact when I first signed up as a PC, before I ever heard of BITOG, but then I renewed and found out my sponsor was a different person, but I never heard from them about anything.

Actually, one can start in AMSOIL without knowing much at all about the products. There are a lot of tools and educational opportunities for someone who wants to learn.

Of course, it is a lot easier to start with some knowledge.
And, of course, if you saw it in the internet, it has to be accurate.

Quote:

If you're signed up as a dealer/PC, you're "stuck" with them for good, correct? Unless you have legit reasons to change, such as anger between the two, disrespectful sponsor, etc.

I only received contact when I first signed up as a PC, before I ever heard of BITOG, but then I renewed and found out my sponsor was a different person, but I never heard from them about anything.

It is possible that your original sponsor died. Or any number of reasons. What isn't cool would be for me to poach another dealer's accounts, just as it wouldn't be cool for some dealer to take mine. Amsoil understands this and has rules and restrictions.

On another note, now I get local calls from folks who go to retail stores for Amsoil, and the stores (NAPA, etc) send the people to me. These stores don't want to carry the product because of bad experience with a previous dealer (some sour ones in my area), however they want to do right for their customers, so they send people to my cell#. This is ethical - but what I want to know is, if these stores start getting enough folks asking and they want carry the product, who gets the account????

"f these stores start getting enough folks asking and they want carry the product, who gets the account???? "

The dealer that registers them as an account.
If you register them, you will get them.

The local stores may have had a bad experience, or they may never have had an account. In some cases, they don't qualify for an account (part of a large chain, for example).
It might be worthwhile for you to drop by and find out what their situation is. See the AMSOIL procedures for establishing retail accounts.
It's somewhat like the AMSOIL T-1 certification. Having it doesn't mean you will get referrals. Not having it will insure you don't get referrals.

Quote:

....I only received contact when I first signed up as a PC, before I ever heard of BITOG, but then I renewed and found out my sponsor was a different person, but I never heard from them about anything.

At least you heard from yours, I signed up as a PC and am seriously considering becoming a dealer. I have never heard from my sponsor at all.
frown.gif

Quote:

Quote:

....I only received contact when I first signed up as a PC, before I ever heard of BITOG, but then I renewed and found out my sponsor was a different person, but I never heard from them about anything.

At least you heard from yours, I signed up as a PC and am seriously considering becoming a dealer. I have never heard from my sponsor at all.
frown.gif

I certainly don't pester my PC's about becoming dealers. Did you ask? In fact with my PC's I only speak when spoken too.

I also don't always connect BITOG screen names with people's REAL names, so it's kinda tough knowing what we have chatted about on BITOG unless you say I'm "oildude" (or whomever) from BITOG.
wink.gif
grin.gif
cool.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

frown.gif

I certainly don't pester my PC's about becoming dealers. Did you ask? In fact with my PC's I only speak when spoken too.

I also don't always connect BITOG screen names with people's REAL names, so it's kinda tough knowing what we have chatted about on BITOG unless you say I'm "oildude" (or whomever) from BITOG.
wink.gif
grin.gif
cool.gif

Nope, haven't asked. I would think that at the very least a quick three line email with, "Hey I'm xxxxx your Amsoil sponsor. Great to have you on board, I'm here to help so drop me a line if you need anything." followed by some contact info would be nice.

Not a big deal, just a comment.

EB - Good advice. Thanks - I'm just super sensitive to pestering people. I hope my PC's know how to reach me. Some folks get a might upset when emailed, some like it, so I error on the "shy" side.

This is one of those instances where you are damed if you do and damed if you don't. For every one that would appreciate it; there are probably an equal amount that would get po'd.

You can change your sponsor if you go 6 months or a year (can't remember which) without being a PC. I went a year and signed up with Pablo back in the spring.

Quote:

And I appreciate that
patriot.gif
the last thing I need is 1 more person trying to sell me the next great thing or the discover card platinum plus plan.
spam.gif

The occassional ah oh
fruit.gif
is a good idea.

Quote:

wink.gif
grin.gif
cool.gif

yeah, Pablo (aka Paul) doesn't talk to me unless he can't get on BITOG...then i get emails, "hey, can you get on???"

Like i'm sitting in front of my computer all day reading BITOG or something
laugh.gif

Quote:

Maybe you should. You would probably have more success than posting a thread on BITOG.

According to Dave Mann about 15% of his PC's become dealers. Some even do it without being contacted about it.

I send something out about every 6 months. Something to the Fact (Do you know anyone interested in become a dealer part-time) then give a few little details of pricing and stuff.

I prolly should do it more than that too.

Quote:

You can change your sponsor if you go 6 months or a year (can't remember which) without being a PC. I went a year and signed up with Pablo back in the spring.

You can change sponsors 1 year after your renewal date has passed. So if you signed up for six months then 18 months later you can find a new dealer to work with. If you signed up for 1 year, you will have to wait an additional year to find a new dealer.

When finding a new dealer, it's best to contact him/her and let them know you were a PC before so they can call Amsoil and have the sponsor info changed. Sometimes you have to call dealer registration to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back