AFE Pro Dry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any information about the AFE Pro Dry filters? Are they as good as the Amsoil Eaa?

AFE filters are top notch, I don't think anything they make is substandard. Especially their cold air intakes for diesels...

i asked that question tech support the flow is not as open as the reoiled afe filters but still flow far better then reg filter...call afe they are great to talk too

Quote:

AFE filters are top notch, I don't think anything they make is substandard. Especially their cold air intakes for diesels...

I ordered one for my Civic last week. I am told it will be a month before it gets here.

Harry

I thought about going with the new Pro Dry on my Cummins- but I had only 2 ppm silicon with the ProGuard 7 after 5000 miles in yucky conditions. So, I think I will stick with that.

Both paper (cellulose) and synthetic media's have their place in the market. One is not better than the other in all respects. Depending on your priorities, one might be a small "5%" better than the other.

The main categories of filter performance:
1. filtration capability (partical size, capacity, etc ...)
2. environmental toughness (waterproof, UV, oil, heat etc...)
3. reuseability/washability

Outlaw Power's NeverOil and AEM's DryFlow
Material: Synthetic Polyester
Layers: 3
Waterproof: Yes
Washable with pressurized air: Yes
Washable with water: Yes
Filtration: depends on the 3 layers chosen

Donaldson/Amsoil
Material: Paper (cellulose)
Layers: 2
Waterproof: No
Washable with water: No (nano web washes away with water)
Filtration: depends on the nano web density chosen

Im courious if anyone has a picture of a drop in filter. I was told AFE makes the TRD airfilters...im courious if the quality is the same as far as rubber seal construction.

Quote:

Donaldson/Amsoil

Can you site a source here? I really don't think the "nano web washes away with water"..........

The AFE filter arrived today. It looks very well made with soft rubber surround and metal mesh on each side of the dry filter element. I will work it into my next air filter change interval to see how it performs, actually, I'm tempted to run out right now and change it.

Harry

The actual paper manufacturer of the blue Donaldson media told me this, it was an engineer in charge of their scanning electron microscope (to look at the nano webs).

Quote:

Quote:

Donaldson/Amsoil

Can you site a source here? I really don't think the "nano web washes away with water"..........

I'm still doubting that. Maybe if it's scrubbed with a brush under hot running water. To say it's not water proof is very misleading. In fact, I suddenly remembered I've had this conversation before. So I searched my Amsoil mail box and found this:

Question:

"The Donaldson blue nano media with nano fibers is not waterproof
(because it is paper), if the nano fibers get wet, they will clump
together like wet spiderwebs and wash away." IS THIS TRUE?"

Answer:

"In response to your inquiry, the nano-fiber is tested under water contamination. The fibers will not wash away as one may believe."

After reading this and seeing EAA filters that have been soaked, I'm calling bunk.

Sure I'll chime in....
I had the AFE Dryflow on the GTO for awhile...had 20ppm silicon from Dyson....we went checking for a leak....found nothing....swapped to the Amsoil filter.....dropped the silicon on the next Dyson Analysis to 11. The AFE went away
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back