Finally.... new bike!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alrighty, I bought a Trek 1500. It was on sale and I loved the way it rides. It has Ultegra rear, unlike the 105 in the spec sheets. I don't have an exact weight for it but I will once I get all my accessories on there.

Accessories:
Look Keo Classic Pedals
Cannondale/Diadora RP2000 shoes
2 cages w/water bottles - 30g each w/bottle
Nashbar Frame mount bike pump
Pedro's Small Underseat bag w/quick release
Extra tube =)
Tire Lever
Nashbar 7 in one multi-tool
Giro helmet

Once the tires wear out, I will put on some lighter tires and tubes. Pics to come next week once I get everything installed.

Very cool. Getting a new bike is a great pleasure; at least it is in my house. I wish you many happy miles. =)

I think you're going to love your Trek. The 1500 is a very nice bike. You done good.
smile.gif

I have a Trek 1000 {1987 model} I love it.The 1500 has carbon tubes ? smoother ride than mine . Though due to neck and back problems I can't ride it for more than 15 minutes before my arms get numb .I need to try a mountain bike.

I notice at the Trek website that they list it as either a double OR triple?? Which one did you get?
Better get 2 tire levers:) Seriously. Sometimes 1 just doesn't quite do the job.
Nice bike!

I have a triple.... I wanted a double but the triple may prove useful for the Hotter N'---- 100K ride.

Quote:

I have a triple.... I wanted a double but the triple may prove useful for the Hotter N'---- 100K ride.

I've heard there is little to no climbing in that ride. It's basically flat. Shouldn't need a triple, but it's nice to have just in case.

Sounds like a real nice purchase, My first bike was a trek 2200, I would still have it, if it wasn't a tad too big for me.

Good luck in the HTH100.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back