ScanGaugeII Query

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanna' ensure from those who actually have had this critter in their paw that it can display the amount of fuel that is in the tank.

If purchased would be used in a 2004 Chevy Silverado pick-up.

Gosh, it's pouring down raining with thunder and lightening. Sure glad the shanty has a roof. And walls.

Reading various message boards throughout Webdom have noted the fuel gauge can be problematic.

I realize the ScanGauge can't rectify a sending unit problem but, at times, the faulty tank reading is due to a problem in the dash area. Seems that if the ScanGauge can display fuel level in tank that a fault in the dash area would not affect the ScanGauge reading.

Feel free to enlighten the stodgy old decrepit one and receive accolades and admiration of the multitudes!!!!!!

I have one and it does not display the amount of fuel remaining in the gas tank. It can tell you how much fuel you've used but not how much is left.

If that information is available through OBD-II it is manufacturer-specific. As of right now Scangauge II does not support manufacturer-specific data.

All it does is subtract the gallons you've used from what it assumes is a full tank, so if you only do a partial fill up it will be incorrect.

Hmmmmm..... that was supposed to be "thank you" in Russian.

Something lost in the translation!!!!!!!!

...it also keeps mountain lions away. See, look around, no mountain lions! Coincidence? I think not.

Quote:

...it also keeps mountain lions away. See, look around, no mountain lions! Coincidence? I think not.

thumbsup.gif

Uhh... my ScanGauge tells me how many gallons are remaining in the tank, on my Lexus... it tells me gallons remaining, number of miles remaining (at tank average MPG), total miles, etc etc..

Quote:

Uhh... my ScanGauge tells me how many gallons are remaining in the tank, on my Lexus... it tells me gallons remaining, number of miles remaining (at tank average MPG), total miles, etc etc..

Do you have to tell it when you've filled up the tank, or does it automatically know?

Did a lot of poking around. Many mentions of ScanGuage on many message boards geared to many topics and makes/models of vehicles.

Lots of good mentions by those possessing the critter and many stating their intention to grab one.

As word gets out I predict a possible run on the things.

Grabbed mine from Amazon for 10 bucks less than the apparent manufacturer's or distributor's site, Linear Logic.

I grabbed the last one that Amazon had but they show three outside vendors that have 'em.

If interested in the thingy, it MAY be a good idea to grab one now to avoid a possible BIG rush on the things.

If all that I have read is accurate it appears it could be a valuable tool and a form of insurance if, let's say, your gas gauge goes bad somewhere other than the sending unit.

Having trouble codes display also is handy.

Will have to forego s few meals to cover the cost but Coot wouldn't be harmed at all if the bulbous belly of Olympic proportions were to be minimized a bit.

I have one and love it. Lots of valuable info. I say go for it.

Customer support at linear logic is fantastic, btw.
approved.gif

Nine years have elapsed since the Scan Gauge was discussed here. Sold the dern thing a couple years ago. Tired of entering info. Got half the purchase price from the buyer. The feared death of the problematic instrument cluster has not occurred yet in the 12-year-old Chevy pick-up. Hoping for the best.

Last edited:
Tired of entering in info? On mine, when I fill up, I just hit the red button once, then left/top for fillup (? forget exact sequence), then ok twice, then hit the button back to gauges. Pretty fast.

Mine isn't that accurate, it wanders depending upon season and how I drive; but it's a nice little toy all the same. Wouldn't mind another one, but it's not worth $150 (to me) to have a second one. I do like the size and integration into my truck, so it's not a bad price; it's just not worth that much to me to get a second one.

Mine did break, once: the backlight quit. Traced it to some broken solderjoints between LCD and PCB. Reflowed and all is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back