Danica Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let'see she runs in the top 10 most of the time. So thats bad? What about those guys who run last or near last most of the time? Why do they have a racing careet. If a guy complains and/or get angry, thats ok. Right. But, with Danica, it's called whinning.

I think some of you are being a bit sexist.

She just finished third and getting better now that she is on a quality team. Hmmmm

Don't like being beat by a girl???

She does fine and getting better. What are they gonna say when she wins??? It is coming,

I can't stand this chick. She is SOOOOOOO arrogant, self-centered, and egotistical in every single interview I've seen.

I think she's being judged too harshly. I could reel off a dozen drivers who haven't delivered a quality on-track performance in years, yet they still keep their rides.

Danica wants to win more than anyone. She's been in inferior equipt during her career until now. This is her 1st year with Andretti-Green, a team jam packed with superstar talent. She's currently 7th in points with two top 5's and several top 10's.

She'll need at least another year at A-G to get the equipt and personnel she needs to win. I think she wants to win just to get people off her athletic supporter and start treating her like a rop 10 driver, unlike quite a few of the boys she beats regularly.

Makes me think of Shirley 'Cha Cha' Muldowney. Didn't the other racers spit when she haneded them their butt on a plate. And I bet your thinking Sprint is in Oz how does he know about this?

Kind of hard NOT to know of Shirely there sprintman, but I dod give you credit!
grin.gif

So, quite a debate on my girl here...
drool.gif
drool.gif
drool.gif

Quote:

I can't stand this chick. She is SOOOOOOO arrogant, self-centered, and egotistical in every single interview I've seen.

That sounds like a description of 95% of all the professional athletes out there.
tongue.gif

Besides being good, she has a weight advantage. A win in coming. He record is better than most drivers that have rides right now.

Russell good point. I'm not sexist at all. I'd love to see her win multiple races. It just seems like "lately" she is constantly complaining. Do they all do that as much? I don't know I don't follow it that closely.
cheers.gif

Does seem as if she is a bit mad at other drivers "not playing fair". I suspect she is about to get even a bit with more agressive driving as she reaches the next stage of developemnt. Also, IMO,If she does not continue to improve, she will be just another driver by next year.

She'd win races in NASCAR where the 100 pounds she gives makes a huge difference. All the open wheelers do real good, Jeff Gordon, Stewart, Kahne, etc. I like Danica, wish her well.

Don't pay too much attention to the press. They are not on the teams or in the cars. Forget that she is a woman and look at the record. Then look at the rest of the drivers. She is doing well. If you would like to hear a guy that really wines, go to ChamCar and listen to Sebastien Bourdais. He's a real French winer.

Let me throw my 2 cents in.

I have more respect for Erin Crocker than I do Danica. Maybe it's because Erin ran sprints in the WOO and won.
Also, Erin seems to have come up through the ranks, paying her dues. She seems more humble too than Danica.

My opinion

In the end, Danica is making money for her team. Many drivers across different types of racing buy their rides. They may be good but they pay for their ride all the same. In Formula 1 a Spiker driver lost his ride because his personal sponsor missed a payment, last race. Danica's package was put together by Michael's partner, Danica did not bring it to the team. Her ride is based on a lot more than her win/loss record although her ability to place high up is a big help and a win would be a nice touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back