My new bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased a new road bike. It will be here on Wednesday. Here's a pic:

lechampsl_campy_2100.jpg

As I've stated in earlier threads, some very good frames come out of Taiwan these days, and that's where this one was made. For the price I paid, the frame is basically free. The component group alone (Campagnolo Record Carbon) usually sells for more than I paid for the entire bike.

Very nice, it would be like riding a race car. I guess you will need to buy some pedals since its pictured without them. Are you getting those pedals that can clip on to the bike shoes?

Quote:

Very nice, it would be like riding a race car. I guess you will need to buy some pedals since its pictured without them. Are you getting those pedals that can clip on to the bike shoes?

I'll be using the pedals from my old bike. They are Crank Brothers Quattro SL pedals. Yes, they are the ones that clip to your shoes.

Every frame I've owned, except my old Robinson (BMX), has been made in Taiwan. They are capable of making functional things as long as there are no bearings or pivots involved!

Quote:

Very nice bike for the $$$

Thanks. I have ridden it twice now, one ride 50 miles, the other 35. The only thing I don't like is the seat. It's a little too hard for my liking. No biggie though. The Campagnolo Record 10 Carbon gruppo is absolutely amazing.

I bought this bike on eBay, if anyone cares to know.

Ebay?
I bought a Grand Record but I had to adjust everything. But it was a good buy.
Not as nice as yours though.
frown.gif

I am guessing you paid $1500 range? Which would be a very good deal.

Latest picture of the new bike. Notice the recently installed totally old-school Brooks leather saddle. Most comfortable seat I've ever owned.

Oh yeah, the background is a pic of the side yard at my new house. I love it here.
PICT0035.jpg

It's Sportymama. I just bought a Motobecane Nemesis Pro Time Trial bike from her. Dura Ace shifters, Cane Creek brakes, FSA SLX carbon crankset, Ritchie pro wheels, bars and seat post. 1187.00 included shipping and insurance.
The frame is decent...some aspects of it are as good as on bike costing over 2000.00. It's a great deal, rode it today for 30 miles at 20 mph average speed. Weight is just under 20 lbs, even with water bottle cages and aero bars. I've owned bikes I've spent over 3000.00 on, and this one is almost as good. Certainly won't lose any races on it because it isn't "good enough".

I'm thinking of buying a "better" TT frame and selling this Motobecane frame. But, what's the point? I might ride a few seconds faster in a time trial, but, it's not like I'm anything other than a decent age-group rider. Even the quality of the decals is surprisingly good!

Lifetime warranty, too!
approved.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back