Fuel additive effect on motor oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is time for me to run a fuel additive, and I would like to one is best for the car.
I recently changed my oil, so I dont want an additive that will not attack tbn or lower viscosity. I want this oil to last 5k.
Is there an additive that is "safe" long before an oil change.. AMSOIL PI? or Redline?

Input greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Overall, fuel efficiency. Not because of lubricated cylinders.. but because of cleaner system.. valves injectors cylinder heads etc

It is nothing to worry about. Not much ends up in the oil and most of what does burns off without doing anything to the oil.

Although I tend to do this sort of thing when I'm approaching time for an oil change, it just isn't critical. Find something else to worry about.

My cleaner of choice is RedLine SI-1.

Quote:

It is nothing to worry about. Not much ends up in the oil and most of what does burns off without doing anything to the oil.

Although I tend to do this sort of thing when I'm approaching time for an oil change, it just isn't critical. Find something else to worry about.

My cleaner of choice is RedLine SI-1.

yep ive always ran it in the tank of gas before an oil change, just a tactic ive always used. dont know if it helps but it sure cant hurt.

Use Chevron or Shell gas and stop worrying about dirty fuel injectors.

Techron, FP 60, FP 3000 and Redline S1 are the preferred brands from what I have read here on BITOG.

I have been using FP60 (Fuel Power) for years and my cars, mowers, etc. have never run smoother or started better. Actually, I am currently using FP3000 and my car seems to like it even more. Silky smooth idle which is surprising for my Saturn. Prior to that I have used Techron, but years back had problems loosing injectors in my 93 Sentra. When I used FP60 the idle smoothed out, no more injector problems, and the whining fuel pump became quiet. I also use LC20 in my oil which helps with TBN.

I've had excellent success with Redline SI-1, available from some Canadian Tire stores. Same with Techron but it is only available in the US as far as I know (which is where I bought it).

Don't discount the value of a top end lube. Sealing the valves rings better, and lubing everything in the path is a great asset.
Some MPG benefits of some gas additives are in part because of the better sealing afforded.
Lucas Upper Cyl lube is a mild cleaner designed for continual use, with lube and MPG benefits .

Mechtech, that is not what my post was about.
I don't discount the value.. i just want a fuel system cleaner than will not cause bearing wear or any of such sort.. which has been known to happen

I tend to agree with the previous post. Lucas UCL is a mild cleaner that will also act as an upper cyclinder lubricant. I use it with every fill up on my vehicle to keep things CLEAN and lubricated.

As I later posted best for the car as a "cleaning purpose".
DID I ever say to you a UCL would harm my engine?
DID I ever say your answer was not valid or useful.. NO..
Now I will..
I wanted to know the additive effect on motor OIL not "engine"
Post is valid on how the UCL will not harm an engine , according to the topic of this thread.. it's not.
Some UCL might do SOME injector cleaning, but i'm looking for the big bang..
How useful it was depends on opinion.

This whole thread was supposed to be about Techron increasing bearing wear, or was it just the Poly Ether Amines causing it? Or something else? The wind blew this post to the side I guess. No wait, that would be you.

Last edited:
Sorry about that, when I posted
I was just mad from a bad day at work

I apologize

Before my last OC I had run Techron Plus through my engine twice. The UOA should an elevated lead count, but Blackstone wasn't worried about it. They said it might be a 'particle streak'. If the next UOA does not show lead, then I will attribute Techron with the increase, but I'm not worrying about it either way. I'll still use Techron when I feel it may be needed.

There's one fuel additive that claims to replace the friction modifiers in the oil. I wonder what would happen if I poured a bit directly into the crankcase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back