Motorcraft FNR5/Mazda MV Fluid replacements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am running a Ford Fusion with the FNR5 transmission and I did a tranny flush with Amsoil ATF. So far I have logged a little over 6000 miles on the fluid and I have to say I am very impressed with it. The biggest change I noticed is I don't get and more hard shifts from 1st to 2nd and from 2nd to 3rd.

I am also doing a 10k miles drain and refill as UnDummy recommended when he said "this transmission family beats the ____ out of transmission fluid".

I think I may try the Amsoil ATF. I am planning on doing a drain plug drain at about 5-10k, and then another one 3k later...should do the trick.

Quote:

I am also doing a 10k miles drain and refill as UnDummy recommended when he said "this transmission family beats the ____ out of transmission fluid".

What family is that? I know the Jatco trannies ran hot, but this is an all mazda tranny. Do they also have a history? I thought this was the first non Aisin/Jatco for mazda?

Any thoughts on using Valv Maxlife ATF? Just want another easily obtainable option.

Thanks.

Thanks...I know the maxlife is a great product.....I am also anxious to see what undummy says as well!

Maxlife doesn't meet the cold flow requirements of several specs. It is a good multivehicle ATF but I avoid using it where a blend or synth is used. Valvoline needs to come out with a Maxlife Synth ATF. If you live across the bottom of this country, you could get away with the Maxlife. Us northerners don't want sluggish shifting trannies during the winter.

Stick with the blended or synth ATFs.

Good to know, thanks. I am so torn if I should spend the cash on the Amsoil.....seems like it might be nice, espcially if I can run it out 30k miles or more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back