Durablend Vs Maxlife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

What vehicle do the beans go in?

They would be for an experimental car. We'll have an intake in the seat and you give it a shot, sort of like nitrous, whenever you get the urge. With passengers, the effect is multipiled:D

in JULY's 1996 CONSUMER REPORTS that tested oil , stated that the 10w-30 VALVOLINE Durablend flowed no better than the regular oils , the 10w-30 PENNZOIL Performax ( full synthetic ) flowed better than most other oils at low temperature .

Don't know if that holds true over 10 years later for both the DURABLEND or the PERFORMAX ( PLATINUM ) in a 10w-30 .
dunno.gif

why is what i want to know? lol.... do you catch them on sale and buy them up or do you have some kind of compulsive disorder?

Quote:

why is what i want to know? lol.... do you catch them on sale and buy them up or do you have some kind of compulsive disorder?

I bought it all on specials. some free after rebate. All the Maxlife averaged out to about $2 a quart, including the synthetic. The Durablend averages to maybe $1.75 a quart. The Amsoil was $6 each, which is I guess not much of a discount, though Murrays normally charges $8. The Premium Blue was something like $8.67 on special (wrong shelf price at AZ and they did price override for me). The 20w actually ended up being $1.79 because I blew the rebate by a couple days or it would have been $1.19.

Had a lot of other oil I got really cheap, but sold it to friends because it was not Valvoline.

But it really is a compulsive disorder. In fact, I feel compelled to check out AA today for the $9.95 gallons of Synpower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back