Parts Master Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
My local auto parts store stocks "Parts Master" products including filters, oil and a whole bunch of other stuff. They claim the Synthetic oil is made by the same company that makes Valvoline Syn, Ashland Oil, and showed me the Ashland name and address on the back of a can of each.

Anyone have any experience with it? Will it crush my Vortec Max?
crushedcar.gif
3.99/qt.

I'm not sure about their synthetic but I was told their dino oil is made by Valvoline as well. The shop that changes the oil on our police patrol vehicles uses the 5w-20 dino "Parts Master" oil and it does great. The last patrol car I turned in had 110,000 miles using this oil and this car was ran hard, idled long, and I'm in the Arizona heat. My new car is now being serviced with the same oil. I'd say it's good stuff.

JValdez,

Thank you for the reply. Police duty has to be one of the most demanding applications for oil, especially in AZ. I was talking to a business associate last week and was told the temp was 114. NE Ohio seldom sees temps above 80.

Our patrol vehicles use Valvoline All Climate (conventional) and they seem to be doing just fine. One of them has a slight lifter tick at idle, but is running fine and has 50K miles on it. They do have a bad rattle at startup though, I think that is because of the poor quality filters they use at the valvoline shop. I'm guessing they have junk anti drain back valves and it takes a few seconds to pump them back up each startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back