Lucas Fuel Treatment - Buell Motorcycle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to use the Lucas Fuel Treatment in my 2005 Carbuerated Buell Motorcycle. However, the manual says not to use octane boosters. Is this product considered an octane booster? Would you use this product in your motorcycle? Thanks

Fuel treatment isn't a octane booster, I'm not sure why the manual would say not to use it, stuff is worthless. If your hot to throw something in the tank, pick up some cheap fuel cleaner (stp), it won't help or hurt. Lucas is the biggest snake oil salesman out there, but people seem willing to buy.

They don't like additives because they don't know whats in them, easier to say no. Will it react negatively with the fuel tank coating? the diaphragm in the petcock? the boots that hold the carb on? seals in the carb ? does it have high levels of stuff that can deposit ash on the valves?

Like I said it's easier to say no. My opinion is most this stuff is pretty safe to use IF it's used as directed and not concentrated, and IF it's just done occasionally and not every tank.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back