What' the Fram High Mileage about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Fram's website:

Designed for older engines. Time Released Technology (TRT™) is a controlled delivery system that allows an additive gel to be infused into the oil with every pass through the filter. This helps maintain oil quality as you drive and gives your older engine more protection against corrosive engine wear between oil changes.

More marketing bunk or actually some benefit?

Thanks

It actually designed to release money from your wallet. If you have too much money you buy this filter. If you have just enough money you buy a PureOne or Wix or whatever. And if you have just a bit more money you buy a Mobil 1 filter. Again if you have just a little bit more money you get an Amsoil filter. But if you want to skip all the useful things you can do for your car and just blow some money get the Fram. Just keep it to yourself. It's ok to do something stupid, but don't go around telling everyone. lol.

I think Lonnie may have hit the nail on the head. I think its more of a marketing thing than an actual benefit of the product. Not saying that it doesnt work but I would like to see some real world data to back up their claim. For the extra money you could buy a quality purolator or wix and use a high mileage oil which has been proven in the real world.

LOL LOnnie that was a good comment, designed to relaese money form your wallet lol. I kinda like, but dont trust Fram fitlers, becuase their a division of Honeywell products... 2 ro 3 years ago, in about 6 months, i went through 2 of thier air filters for a room, they plugged up and broke and at $80 a piece!! Bought from Home depot. Thier auto ignition cables were weird too, startted car fast, but caused my car to 'surge' alot. Thier auto air filters i think worked good though, their the only air fitlers that in 2 yeas and 9 to 12,000 miles later were plugged up black, most other auto air filters took much longer, so i think its doing good job catching junk in the air.
Waht i like about their oil fitlers, are that at least they are rated at 10-20 microns, i think its like 95 or 97 pass rate. Th high mileage oil, is interesting, but scay at same time, because to this day NO ONE knows what that gel is. At least evidence of it on paper, MSDS sheets, and the like. Myave i should do that soon, try running a fram high mileage, and post to tall here, what the oil annalysis is, and try to have a particle count done. Ide skip the fram high mileage, and look at Purolator Pureone, as LOnnie had suggested, or any other.

Quote:

LOL LOnnie that was a good comment, designed to relaese money form your wallet lol. I kinda like, but dont trust Fram fitlers, becuase their a division of Honeywell products... 2 ro 3 years ago, in about 6 months, i went through 2 of thier air filters for a room, they plugged up and broke and at $80 a piece!! Bought from Home depot. Thier auto ignition cables were weird too, startted car fast, but caused my car to 'surge' alot. Thier auto air filters i think worked good though, their the only air fitlers that in 2 yeas and 9 to 12,000 miles later were plugged up black, most other auto air filters took much longer, so i think its doing good job catching junk in the air.
Waht i like about their oil fitlers, are that at least they are rated at 10-20 microns, i think its like 95 or 97 pass rate. Th high mileage oil, is interesting, but scay at same time, because to this day NO ONE knows what that gel is. At least evidence of it on paper, MSDS sheets, and the like. Myave i should do that soon, try running a fram high mileage, and post to tall here, what the oil annalysis is, and try to have a particle count done. Ide skip the fram high mileage, and look at Purolator Pureone, as LOnnie had suggested, or any other.

someone needs to learn some grammar, i have no idea what you just said

A wild guess would be some for of 'high mileage' additive; not unlike you find in 'high mileage' oil.
The filter itself is the plain old orange can with the additive gel in it.
My 2¢

They designed this new high mileage filter specifically for Bill in Utah.
laugh.gif

Quote:

It actually designed to release money from your wallet. If you have too much money you buy this filter. If you have just enough money you buy a PureOne or Wix or whatever. And if you have just a bit more money you buy a Mobil 1 filter. Again if you have just a little bit more money you get an Amsoil filter. But if you want to skip all the useful things you can do for your car and just blow some money get the Fram. Just keep it to yourself. It's ok to do something stupid, but don't go around telling everyone. lol.

When you look at the Amsoil cutaway, the syn media has a wire mesh backing on the pleats on the entire pleat back-surface. The metal cylinder in the center is full length in the filter cartridge, and appears quite sturdy. If the filter actually performs at 98.70% efficiency at 15 microns, as claimed, then the choice seems to be a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back