Cheapest Place To Buy Mobil 1 Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at Walmart and saw a 5 quart jug of Mobil 1 5w20 for 23.99. Is this about as cheap as I am going to find it? Also I bought my last Mobil 1 Long Life Oil filter for 10.99, is this the cheapest price out there? Thanks.

I buy cases of M1 5W-30 from Costco, and it comes down to ~$4.50/qt. Even if I found a cheaper place, I'd buy it from Costco because I go there all the time anyway. Don't spend the extra time and gas to travel to a place for slightly cheaper oil; buy it where it is relatively cheap and convenient (like Walmart, in your case).

Yes, Walmart is the cheapest place definitely. $23.67 for Mobil 1 as of two days ago. You must be driving a Honda or a Chrysler would be my guess.

Like he said, Walmart is the cheapest here too.

For the filters, if you have a Farm & Fleet nearby they are regular priced at $9.99 and are often on sale for $7.99. That is as cheap as they get.

Walmart is NOT the cheapest here. You can goto auto-parts store,and most of them will have it cheaper. So be careful,and check around!

Autozone has quarts that are either a cent more or less than walmart so I bet their gallons are about the same and with the autozone rewards card you get a $20 credit after 5 purchases over $20

Quote:

I buy cases of M1 5W-30 from Costco, and it comes down to ~$4.50/qt. Even if I found a cheaper place, I'd buy it from Costco because I go there all the time anyway. Don't spend the extra time and gas to travel to a place for slightly cheaper oil; buy it where it is relatively cheap and convenient (like Walmart, in your case).

me too, i can walk to costco from my house, about 1/4 mile away. we dont have a Wal-Mart here in Santa Barbara, the closest are 50 miles north or south.

Target was selling Mobil 1 for about $4 a quart,and a bit over $4 a quart for the Extended Performance.

I buy my Mobil 1 at Walmart though. Only place I`ve seen regular M1 15W50. I get my M1 oil filters at Autozone for $9.99.

Costco has a great price, but last time I went to Costco, they only had one or two weights, neither of which is 5W-20 that the OP was looking for.

AFAIK, Wal-Mart is the least expensive place to get Mobil 1 5W-20. I haven't seen this weight M1 at AZ or Kragen.

Walmart is cheaper than ____'s and the 5 quart jug is convenient for many applications. At less than $5 a quart its a good deal. PP may be the best deal at $19 for 5 quarts at Walmart. PP is sold in 5w-20 in the jugs also unlike M1.

Quote:

PP is sold in 5w-20 in the jugs also unlike M1.

HUH?

My walmart has five quart jugs of both Mobil 1 5W-20 and Mobil 1 Extended performance 5W-20. It just depends on your particular Walamrt.

I have even heard of five quart jugs of Mobil 1 0W-40, but I have never seen them.

Same here, they have tons of it in 5W20 here, must not be many people that use it or something. The 5W30 is almost always sold out or has a good dent in the inventory.

Unless there is a sale at an auto parts chain, WalMart is the cheapest in my area. None of the auto parts chains advertise in my paper; they only show their ads on the web so I really don't follow their sales. Costco is convenient for me, but they don't have the five quart bottles (it saves time and is easier to pour, in my opinion). Also, Costco doesn't sell the truck and suv Mobil 1, which I like to use in one of our cars.

If you have a Target store you should check their price. My Target sells Mobil 1 for $4.09 a quart everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back