My Cummins oil analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulled a sample with about 2000miles on it because I recently added a new turbo and wanted to make sure bearings were ok. ChevronDelo15w40 and ValvOil treatment. Bypass is Amsoil BMK-11 I believe.
Alum 3
Chromium 1
Iron 15
Copper 3
Lead 1
Tin 1
Moly 125
Nickel 0
Mang 0
Silver 1
Titanium 0
Potassium 2
Boron 110
Silicon 7
Sodium 3
Calcium 2659
Magnesium 125
Phospohorus 1601
Zinc 1595
Barium 0

Sus viscosity was slightly high at 82.1 (69-78) This is the second time it's slightly high and Blackstone said not to worry. Why is it high?
Flashpoint is 415
TR (trace) amount of fuel. First time for that. They said don't worry.
No antifreeze or h2o.
.4 for insolubles
They said my copper went down (3) from an average of (5) due to the new turbo. Why?
Any opinions on this sample? Cummins has 23,000miles so far.

- - - - - - Oil viscosity ranges are screwy. 16.05 cSt (I converted it) at 100C is still a 40 Weight. I dont know what the virgin Viscosity is for the new CJ-4 Delo LE but that looks like old CI-4+ to me. I think virgin used to be around 14.5 cSt. I cant say why it thickened but I have never tested Delo in that short of a drain so it may be normal.

Thats a pretty good oil. I used to run it around 30,000 mi (CAT 3406E) and only have around 45% of allowable Nitration and Oxidation and still have 60-65% of Virgin TBN. It could of went longer but CAT only allowed 30,000 max extended OCI even with UOA.

Fuel can be from innocent factors such as not getting your oil good and hot for a long enough period of time before the drain or a couple of minute of idle just before the drain.

A Turbo thats going bad often sprays copper from the bearings. However I seriously doubt the margin of error in the test isnt more than 2 ppm.

What do you mean by F soot???

If you mean excessive soot due to excessive fueling and lotsa power, then that's probably me and my right foot.
patriot.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back