Namura pistons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried these pistons? I just rebuilt a 2001 Polaris Trail Blazer with one. Its a pretty Piston, it seems durable. It has a Fancy little N on it. Iam not a big fan of Wiseco and wanted to try one. Anyone Else try one?

Been using then for a few years in snowmobile engines. They've been working great even in mod applications like 1000cc prostock triples and 14:1 twins on nitrous. The ones I get are imported by SPI and have a hard anodized crown and moly-like skirt coating. Some distributors order them without the coatings and usually sell a bit cheaper, but from as far as I can tell they still work well. They are a high silicone cast piston that's pretty much a direct copy of oem. Or at least the ones I've used measure and weigh the same. Made in Taiwan which throws a lot of people off but the factory is one of the most modern and biggest supplier of small engine pistons in the world. They can build junk, or they can build great stuff, it's just depends on what the customer orders. I usually do a little prep to them before I use them but nothing that HAS to be done. Of course check the ring gap, and also in some applications the top of the ring isn't dotted, so you have to make sure you install the bevel correctly. Agree, I'm not a huge fan of wiseco or forged pistons in a twostroke. Use them only when nothing else available.

Quote:

Has anyone tried these pistons? I just rebuilt a 2001 Polaris Trail Blazer with one. Its a pretty Piston, it seems durable. It has a Fancy little N on it. Iam not a big fan of Wiseco and wanted to try one. Anyone Else try one?

250 or 400 engine?

It was a 250. I havent rebuilt a two stroke since I was a kid, I forgot to check the ring bevel, but It runs good so I guess I lucked out, if you had the ring upside down you wouldnt be able to slide the jug over it though. I like the factory type cast pistons too. Its like you described Anodized head and a teflon skirt. It seemed well built.

Quote:

It was a 250. I havent rebuilt a two stroke since I was a kid, I forgot to check the ring bevel, but It runs good so I guess I lucked out, if you had the ring upside down you wouldnt be able to slide the jug over it though. I like the factory type cast pistons too. Its like you described Anodized head and a teflon skirt. It seemed well built.

A good atv. The 250 is a solid vehicle. Very underrated. Good job on the work and hope the piston lives a long life! Some of my friends put a small amount of oil in the gas for insurance in heated circumstances.

Quote:

true, IF it uses a dykes style ring (L shaped), but if was a semi-trap ring there was a flat bottom and the top slightly beveled which is sometimes hard to see. Never worked on that motr so not sure what you got?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back