Lucas Pure Synthetic Oil Stabilizer Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2005 Mustang GT. Been running 5w-20 Mobile 1 Full Synthetic in it since 2200 miles. The car now has 23000 miles on it.
From reading on this site I have changed from the Moble 1 filter to the Amsoil EAO oil filter.

With the Mobile 1 FS 5w-20 in the car, with cold starts in the mornings you can hear the lifters clacking away until the engine warms. I waited until I needed to add some oil and dumped in a bottle of Lucas PSOS, the lifter clacking went away on cold starts.
Now I know that Ford recommends the use of 5w-20 for these cars but I feel that this has more to do with meeting the governments mpg requirements rather than what the engine really needs for longevity.
I have new bottle of Lucas PSOS sitting here and planning to dump some in as the oil in the engine begins to decrese.
Can any one comment on the use of Lucas PSOS? Your resuts?

Thanks
cheers.gif

I recently poured the M1 5W-20 into the wifes 04 Navigator.
right away I noticed the clatter at start-up.-->{Does it every time after the Navi sits over night}. I will leave it in for 3K miles, then i'm going with the new Amsoil 0W-20.

I will never add any additive to a good synthetic oil.
I will just change brands of oil till i find one the motor likes.

GT - Fords can be picky about their filters, as they are sometimes multi -valved. I'd put in the Motorcraft version, and see if that is the only problem. Motorcraft makes very good filters.
Your oil brand is not as important as it's viscosity, for this specific problem. Motorcraft oil is very good. I don't know if you need to go up or down with thickness, though.

If PSOS is anything like the VOA of lucas mineral oil snot, I wouldn't waste any money on it.

Yep, some oils lubricate well without acting like a sound insulater. IMO, there i$ nothing wrong with Mobil-1.

Try a different brand. If your ear is happy, stick with it. If not, step up a weight or two.

I used Lucas Pure Synthetic Oil Stabilizer one winter with Mobil1 5w-30 and the truck clicked and clattered during warm up and pressure guage would not move until truck was warm. I dumped it the first chance I got and put in new mobil1 and all was better( guage never acted crazy again). No Lucas for me again.

Same thing with our 2000 Trans Am WS.6 LS1. It seemed to chatter on start up, and have a bad chatter even when it warmed up with Mobil1 5w-30. Next oil change, I tried some Lucas Synthetic Oil Stabilizer, and it fixed it all, and raised the oil pressure.

But, from what I've seen in the other thread on Lucas Oil Stabilizers, Lucas doesn't add any additives to their products... which actually isn't good. Sure... if they added a load of calcium and moly, I'd see a point in adding it, but really, it just makes you lose additives that you would have had by replacing a quart of oil with this additiveless lucas... and then you end up with a 20w-50/60 weight oil in your engine. Not good unless you are racing it.

i tried amzoil's eao 11 on my vic for the first time and iam very disappointed with piston slap..took it off and put on a motorcraft fl820s and that all went away..fords like the fl820s

Thanks for all the information.

I've made a decision to switch motor oil brands. I also swithed gas brands from 93 Octane Mobile gas to 93 Octane Shell gas yeaterday and added a half a bottle of Lucas UCL.

I know its expensive but I've decided to go with 0-40 SynLube and their Micro-Glass filter. 100% synthetic oil with no petrolem products. The are the only company that offers 100% synthetic motor oil........thats even close to being affordable. $222.00 for oil and a filter, I should get the return on my investment back in about a year or so.

This decision is based on information on their website and the fact that my '05 is going to be around for life.

Come to find out, the reason Ford and other car manufacurers specifiy 5w-20 in their cars was to increase gas milage by 1%, Unfortunately, using 20w oil also increases engine wear by 30%. Go figure!!!!

Thanks again.

Synlube?

I thought their website supplied no reliable facts to back up their claims.

Affordable?

What about Amsoil, Redline or all the other brands mentioned in BITOG.

Quote:

Synlube is the cat's meow. I thought you guys knew that. Dang!

I havent bought it yet. Still investigating. I have been trying to find cheaper chemically manufactured motor oil.
If I can find a cheaper source by the weeks end.........then Synlube gets my business.

It seems that there are a lot of manufacturers out there that claim they are 100% synthetic but will not state that there are no petroleum products in their oil and clearly marked so on the container.

Thanks for jumping in.

Quote:

The are the only company that offers 100% synthetic motor oil........thats even close to being affordable.
dunno.gif

$222.00 for oil and a filter
shocked.gif

I should get the return on my investment back in about a year or so
laugh.gif

This decision is based on information
on their website
liar.gif

feedtroll.gif
approved.gif
thread.gif

Last edited:
GTJohn wrote: "The(y) are the only company that offers 100% synthetic motor oil"

I was thinking that it was about 20% synthetic oil and 80% synthetic hype.

By the way, graphite and teflon are NOT synthetic OIL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back