1986 Mercedes 190D, Delvac 1 5W-40, 10K mile OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went 10K miles on the Delvac 1 5W-40. Let me know what y'all think. Thanks!
cheers.gif

BOBOIL-1.jpg

Ya, potassium does seem too high. I'd try a shorter OCI and re-sample. Does your coolant level change or have you had to add any coolant? Although the amount needed to cause problems isn't much.

Usually coolant leaking into the oil will hurt things other than the rings. The ring wear may just be from a engine with high hours on it, or in this case it could be from the fuel dilution. If the car is idling a lot or driven cold a lot the fuel maybe washing the cyls down a bit.

The lack of bearing material makes me think that it's not a coolant leak, or at least it is not a major leak yet.

You using any kind of fuel additives? With that amount of fuel, any additives could easily add potassium into the oil if they contain it.

I wouldn't blame coolant just yet, mainly because the sodium is at 0, and your wear metals are not high. The iron could just be because it is typical to see with Mobil 1.

How did you get your UOA into this thread in that format? I haven't figured that out yet.

ConfederateTyrant-
Yes, I used Power Service (white bottle) additive, as well as some Howes diesel treatment in various tankfuls on and off.

D-Roc-
I saved a screenshot as a .jpg, hosted it, and posted the link here.

Holding down Cont + pressing print screen (to the left of scroll lock) takes (copies) a screenshot (saves whatever is on your monitor at the time as an image). Open MS paint and paste it in box (right click, paste), then save it as a .jpg, you will then have a pic of your screen. Host it somewhere (like photobucket), and link it as an image using image tags

Quote:

ConfederateTyrant-
Yes, I used Power Service (white bottle) additive, as well as some Howes diesel treatment in various tankfuls on and off.

D-Roc-
I saved a screenshot as a .jpg, hosted it, and posted the link here.

Holding down Cont + pressing print screen (to the left of scroll lock) takes (copies) a screenshot (saves whatever is on your monitor at the time as an image). Open MS paint and paste it in box (right click, paste), then save it as a .jpg, you will then have a pic of your screen. Host it somewhere (like photobucket), and link it as an image using image tags

Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back