gas or additives and fuel pump noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to add to this that adding MMO to my noisy at startup subaru fuel pump has helped. I'm kind of shocked too.

I've had good luck with fuel pumps in all my cars, never had a failure (knock on wood).

I'm the type that will replace a fuel filter once a year, just cause.

I'd rather replace 10 fuel filters in 10 years than 1 fuel pump.

I also learned never to run under 1/4 of a tank, I have taught my girlfriend this also.

My fuel is noisy and has been since I got the car (I guess)...Can runs dandy with it but I am curious if there is a way to just fix the noise. IT doesn't interefere with the performance and I don't particularly care as it makes a grumble sound that actually gives me a bit of 'noise' factor because the exhaust is too quiet. Should I even try to fix it if nothing is broke and it's just noise?

Quote:

I've had good luck with fuel pumps in all my cars, never had a failure (knock on wood).

I'm the type that will replace a fuel filter once a year, just cause.

I'd rather replace 10 fuel filters in 10 years than 1 fuel pump.

I also learned never to run under 1/4 of a tank, I have taught my girlfriend this also.

The only filter that could cause a fuel pump failure is the sock like filter attached to the fuel pump inside the tank. If it got clogged and prevented fuel flow to the pump, that could cause a fuel pump failure. The normal fuel filter will not cause a fuel pump failure although it certainly could cause engine problems if the fuel pressure was too low.

So changing the normal fuel filter is a good thing, but will not prevent a fuel pump problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back