accidentally got a drop of oil..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was changing my oil filter in my pickup tonight, got a drop in my mouth. Just a drop, not a pour. tasted nasty. I obviously rinsed my mouth out. Not that I'm a hypochondriac, but is a little drop like that REALLY bad for ones health?
tombstone.gif
Anyone ever get motor oil in their mouth?

I drank probably a few teaspoons of Honda Z1 a few months ago by accident (moving the drain container in the shop caused a bit splash) and I'm still alive.

smile.gif

lol......

When I was tranny flushing my truck i accidentally pulled my fill line out while I was under truck checking clamps...mmm tastee.
cheers2.gif

Oh yeah motor oil too when i slid catch container towards me while I was under truck. I am fine except for the twitch
laugh.gif

Been under cars for 30 years. Oil, tranny fluid,brake fluid, gas, and yes ANTIFREEZE at various times. NONE taste good. ALL are preferable to drippy stuff when servicing a garbage truck fleet.
puke.gif
All of these are why I charge professional rates when people don't want to be the taster. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.
tounge2.gif

Bob

Quote:

I drank probably a few teaspoons of Honda Z1 a few months ago by accident (moving the drain container in the shop caused a bit splash) and I'm still alive.

smile.gif

You're a mouthbreather?
grin.gif

I've accidentally drunk diesel fuel while trying to syphon it. Except for burping diesel fumes for a day, I am still alive 18 years later.

Brake fluid and EG antifreeze is the only potentially lethal liquid mentioned above ..at least from a poisonous standpoint.

Look at all the MSDS sheets for motor oil. It will be an excellent laxative, imo, ..but otherwise should go through you like "XXXX through a goose".

Naturally, it's not on any recommended diet that I've even seen ..and it doesn't have the percentages listed in relation to daily adult requirements for vitamins and minerals.

You may be on to something there, Drew. New acid is transported under DOT ..uses acid is EPA. Our neighboring county has a Hazmat team. They had a waste spill to clean up. When asked what they used, the guy said "bleach, naturally". When a bunch of bleach got spilled they were asked what they used. The replied, "Water"
confused.gif

Quote:

I was changing my oil filter in my pickup tonight, got a drop in my mouth. Just a drop, not a pour. tasted nasty. I obviously rinsed my mouth out. Not that I'm a hypochondriac, but is a little drop like that REALLY bad for ones health?
tombstone.gif
Anyone ever get motor oil in their mouth?

What brand and grade of oil was it? And more importantly, what was the OCI?

Quote:

Quote:

that's encouraging!
shocked.gif

This is in relation to Drew's:
"A lab rat once turned into a 100 Lb cancerous cyst when researchers gave it some used motor oil to drink"

Haven't you seen the warnings? Used motor oil isn't good to injest or have prolonged exposure with the skin. Wear rubber/nitrile gloves under your mechanics gloves for better protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back