TOYO larger filter : going to 90915-YZZF1 >

Status
Not open for further replies.
plan on going from the smaller TOYO filter ( 90915-YZZF2 ) priced @ $3.50 to the larger 90915-YZZF1 oil filter which cost the same as the F2 . Will I see any difference in performance , etc. on our PRIZM ( Corolla ) ?

Spec's in Wix are identical aside from the can height
dunno.gif

Quote:

I'd recommend the 90915-10004 over the 90915-YZZF1. See http://home.earthlink.net/~cewhite3nc/id12.html . I was able to order them from a dealer via the internet.

Unfortunately McGeorgeParts noo longer lists them, but I think Gulf States Toyota will still sell them via mail order - or you could just visit your loacal Toyota dealer and ask for them by P/N.

You could do this and spend tons of time and some extra money for a filter that is really not that much better, or just get the slightly larger filter for the same price of $3.50, do 5-7.5k oil changes, and be happy. The Denso filters are good filters, better construction than most aftermarket filters. If you really want the other filter, the old japanese denso, it is now the TRD filter for your car, and it is usually about $13. Total waste of money.

I have a 99 Prizm and I oversize...just like you are planning.

I don't use the Toyo filters anymore. If you are out of warranty, there is even less reason to spend extra $$$ on OEM.

An AAP 3600 filter has a slightly larger diameter and is 2 inches longer. It will give you more filter media and an extra .5 quart oil capacity. I've had no issues.

It's an option. My .02 cents.

+1 for the 3600 filter. If I forget which filter, I look up the fitler for a PT Cruiser Turbo or a Taurus. A FL400-S will also work.

When I use the filter spec'ed for the 2zz motor(PL14477),4 quarts is just short of the top "operating range" dot on the dipstick. If I use a 3600, it is closer to 4.25 quarts.BTW, this is for an 03 Vibe with the 1zz motor.

You get more media for filtering.
The extra sump capacity means more oil for:
1. Lubrication
2. Avoidance of low oil situation.
3. suspending of contaminants too small or fluid for the filter to get..ie fuel, condensation.

Quote:

Noob question: why supersize the oil filter?

Why buy an expensive crate engine and install half of the Jeg's catalog on it to cruise up and down city streets when a Briggs and Stratton can do just as good? :

Quote:

You get more media for filtering.
The extra sump capacity means more oil for:
1. Lubrication
2. Avoidance of low oil situation.
3. suspending of contaminants too small or fluid for the filter to get..ie fuel, condensation.

Thanks Trixman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back