Okay.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLM

I notice this is the section for motorcycles and motorcycles oils and since lately its all been what oil in my bike, I thought I'd change it up.

I was out running some errands on the FZ and decided on the way home to fill it up.

After filling up I go in to pay and had this interesting exhange.

Clerk - Nice Bike
Me - Thanks
Clerk - Hey cool helmet, you should turn that into a night rider helmet
Me- Huh
Clerk - You know a little red light across the top here (pointing), it would look awesome
Me- Oh like on the hood of night rider, okay thanks

I thought it was kind of funny. Night rider helmet
tongue.gif
. Better than some goofball coming and asking "Is it fast, can you wheelie, hey one of your headlights is out."

Anybody else got any good stories?

When traveling I like to pull up to the pump across from a motorhome or full size truck that's been there for 5 minutes and still not full. They always have something to say about trading gas bills or vehicles, kind of eases pain off paying so much for the fuel.

Quote:

When traveling I like to pull up to the pump across from a motorhome or full size truck that's been there for 5 minutes and still not full. They always have something to say about trading gas bills or vehicles, kind of eases pain off paying so much for the fuel.

I like to pull up to the pumps across from some soccer mom in a mini-van, get off my bike with it still running, get down on my hands and knees and stick my nose up the rear muffler and then fall out like I'm having an epileptic fit.
theyareontome.gif

I have really gotten sick of the how fast is it question. When I had a Suzuki Bandit 1200, and TL1000S, the same question always came up from some nimrod. But my KLR 650 no one ever gives it a second glance. My VFR 800 gets the fast question when I don't have my trailer hooked to it. I have noticed the when I do have the trailer hooked to the bike, people step over the tongue rather the walk around. Why step over the trailer tongue? Why?

I have a stock Guzzi with "Moto Guzzi" on the tank, and with some regularity someone will ask: "Hey who makes that" So I says it's a Moto Guzzi and they usually say "Yeah but who makes it".

My concours has been de-decal'd and is more often than not mistaken for a BMW, which I could not quite figure out. Once a group of HD guys checking into a hotel at the same time as me commented on that bmw would have been a nice ride today (it had been raining). I told em it was a kawasaki and asked what about it looked bmw? Answer was it was sitting up on a center stand, something I never thought of even having owned boxers. So from then on it's been sort of a joke in our group that any bike parked on it's stand is a beemer. Amd if you go in to buy parts DON'T put it up on the stand, LOL.

A buddy of mine told me he stopped for gas when a Harley guy and his Honda cruiser buddy came up to him.

"Whats the matter" he said to my friend. "Can't afford a Harley?" he chuckled in a put down sort of way.

My friend said "I got one".

After a pause the Harley's Honda Cruiser buddy burst out laughing. The Harley guy turned beat red with embarrasment and walked off.

I must be missing something...?

Quote:

A buddy of mine told me he stopped for gas when a Harley guy and his Honda cruiser buddy came up to him.

"Whats the matter" he said to my friend. "Can't afford a Harley?" he chuckled in a put down sort of way.

My friend said "I got one".

After a pause the Harley's Honda Cruiser buddy burst out laughing. The Harley guy turned beat red with embarrasment and walked off.

I sometimes wear a HD mesh jacket, which quite frankly was the best quality one I could find. Wearing it riding a variety of other bikes has got many comments, mostly out of curiosity about why I left the HD at home. That's when the fun begins.

Quote:

I have a stock Guzzi with "Moto Guzzi" on the tank, and with some regularity someone will ask: "Hey who makes that" So I says it's a Moto Guzzi and they usually say "Yeah but who makes it".

I have an MZ Black Panther...and get the same results.

them - "What kind of bike is that?"
me - "An MZ Black Panther"
them - "who makes it?
me - "MZ"
them - "yeah, but who makes it?"
me - "nevermind..."

Quote:

Quote:

Just tell them that your Harley is 'in the shop'; they'll nod knowingly and express sympathy.
cool.gif

Not true.....my Harley's have never left me stranded once.
confused.gif

I've had my Harley since last Nov and it's got over 4500 miles on it now. Starts every time. Doesn't leak any oil. Gets 60 miles to the gallon.

What a piece of junk.
smirk.gif

Quote:

I get the same questions when on my Aprilia

Quote:

them - "who makes it?
me - "MZ"
me - "nevermind..."

40 years of riding and now I find out they're not made by the "MotorZickle Company of Germany"
blush.gif
grin.gif

Quote:

Quote:

You mean Gootseys aren't made by John Deere Tractor and Spaghetti of Italy!? Two Myths struck down in one thread. I can't take this...

them - "who makes it?
me - "MZ"
me - "nevermind..."

I had a Kawasaki that left me stranded several times, once on a long trip to Sturgis. My 1996 Road King with 40K miles on it has never stranded me (once the battery died and I had to bump start it - but the battery was 6 years old).

I NEVER put down someone who doesn't have a Harley. In fact, I have had several import bike owners tell me that they once would like to have a "real bike" (meaning my Harley). My response is always; "if it's got 2 wheels, it's a real bike." Out here in Southern California, a good portion of the Harley riders are not "real" riders anyway. They are CEOs and Dentists. I have more respect for the guy with the 1984 Kawasaki going across the country with his stuff-bungee corded to the back in a milk crate. That, to me, is a "real" rider.

Most people mistake my bike for something from the 50s, but I can understand that I guess.
22870011-M.jpg

nice looking bike lou! and you reinforce that even within the HD community there is division about what constitutes a "real" biker. Even though they are all in "uniform" some think they are real for different reasons, and the others aren't. Panhead vs evo etc. if you don't have apehangers your not "bad". Baggers vs. cruisers. Pipes not loud enough, stockers for wimps. Lowered or not. I know a bud that took so much cra p about wearing a full helmet that he quit going to hogg ralleys and rides, that's where he drew the line on the "lifestyle" but continues enjoy his bike anyway.

Last edited:
Quote:

That's like a buddy of mine's '01 Honda Valkrie.. he gets the same question... his response is always "I had one, it was too slow..."

My Valkyrie Interstate will smoke a stock HD unless it is

1) a V-Rod (or NightRod, StreetRod, etc.)

2) a Sportster 1200

or 3) a Screamin' Eagle (unless it happens to be a '00 S.E. RoadGlide : 1/4 mile in 13.93 @ 93.1 mph)

Now that I think about it there are a bunch of new "big inch" TC96 & 110 inch HD's out there... Maybe I better take my bags, fairing & trunk off?

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back