hominey Q's ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
i had it before at my last job when we had a pot luck, the lady cooked it with a ham hock and it was awesome. today i bought a can and cooked it with some sausage but it just wasn't the same. they were smaller and didn't have the really strong corn flavor to them. just wondering if maybee she used dry hominey.

Did you drain off the packing fluid ?
I dont know what that stuff is but its awefull.
Drain and rinse then put you a good bit of bacon grease in a skillet,add the hominey and acouple tbs of good cornmeal.
Stir on high heat till desired color(toasty)
Serve as a side to fried eggs and or add scrambled eggs and cheese to final cooking(one skillet meal)

Yummy !
bowdown2.gif
approved.gif

White hominey or the yellow stuff?

Not a huge hominy buff but from time-to-time buy a can and eat it raw, straight from the can. Colon quivers in anticipation of the fibrous mass due to arrive in 24 hours or so.

Also, isn't there varying sizes with some being relatively BIG while the udder type is smaller?

Don't forget chick peas. Aka cici beans and perhaps other terms. Not the same as hominy but you can mix them together and attain gustatory glee. Helps to scour out the tubes down below, I think.

Or, gorge thineself on a HUGE bowl of Grape Nuts cereal. A HUGE bowl. The abrasive action will cleanse thine innards meticulously. Just don't plan on much travelling since ye will need to inhabit the indoor outhouse for quite a spell.

I actually like hominy grits for breaky.

I like the big 'ens in pozole or meñudo.

I'm sure whatever the lady added to her ham hocks and hominy tasted real good.

Hominy....

Isn't that an old Elton John song?

Hominy and meeeee.. were pretty good companeeeeeee

Lookin' for an island in our boat upon the sea........

La la la

Yellow Brick Road album, wasn't it?

Is hominey the same as grits? I like grits for breakfast from time to time. Goes good with eggs. A little butter and salt makes them yummy!

I eat a lot of the Quaker Quick Grits that come in dry form in a cardboard 24 oz. can. They're white grits. My brother says yellow grits are better, but no one in Montana sells yellow. In fact, what I mentioned above that I buy is the only dry grit available by any company in Montana.

Sandpaper is rated in a "grit factor" I believe.

I think.

Coot forgets things.

Too lazy to look it up.

Might want to try a frozen Hominy that you can find in the mexican section of the freezer case. It's intended for a heavenly pork posole but is superior to canned for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back