Does this guy not want to live long?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some observations:
It did not take him long to get from point A to B.
Ducati sounds good.
Nice clear video.
Music was just alright, not my cup of tea.

And my final observation, the guy was and probably still is an idiot. From looking at the background I would be more worried about deer than dogs.

It'd be fun to hack the source of some of these video's and forward them to their insurance company, LOL.

In my generation the prelude to doing stupid things was "here, hold my beer". Today the prelude is strapping a camera on somewhere. I'd guess 1/2 the foolishness in the video was for the sake of showing off.

The guy wasn't going that fast, IMO. It's where he was doing it (around houses and driveways etc) and his disrespect for the cars he passed that make him look like a idiot.

Just another SQUID out there proving that Darwin was correct!
coffeetime.gif

Once in a while you get a clear view of the speedo. Looks like 140 in some areas. He did slow down to 80 to pass on the shoulder. The tach shows that he was not using all the power available. I would guess that makes him a safe and courteous rider.

I don't agree with riding in town like that. But I have an "old school" Bandit 1200 that I'd bet would flat out out run him on swoopy roads like that. Also my VFR sounds better than the duck
smile.gif

The 1098 Ducati is quite new. The specs say that it should be one of the quickest bikes on the road. 180 mph top end and the highest torque to weight ratio of any bike ever mass produced. The frame is very stiff and the brakes are huge. You might just lose a bet if you try to run with one.
I depends a lot on the rider skills at these levels of performance.

Quote:

The 1098 Ducati is quite new. The specs say that it should be one of the quickest bikes on the road. 180 mph top end and the highest torque to weight ratio of any bike ever mass produced. The frame is very stiff and the brakes are huge. You might just lose a bet if you try to run with one.
I depends a lot on the rider skills at these levels of performance.

And 160 bhp!!
shocked.gif

ducati-1098.jpg

At least the last video was at the right place for that kind of a ride. I have two tracks within a 2 hour ride for me, Talladega & Barber Motorsports. I have riden both but not at those speeds.

Quote:

Once in a while you get a clear view of the speedo. Looks like 140 in some areas. He did slow down to 80 to pass on the shoulder. The tach shows that he was not using all the power available. I would guess that makes him a safe and courteous rider.

It is showing speed in KPH ...not MPH

Quote:

That thing sure leans well

Thats all in the rider.
ooo.gif
If I remember correctly I read in sportrider magazine that they thought this bike could hang with most of 1000cc inline 4s, which is fairly impressive. In the past only a 1000cc twin could hang with the 750cc fours.

Bikes are incredable these days.It is a good thing I haven't been on one for about 25 years cause I would be dead.Fast and powerful way back then is way less than now. I saw some guy wheelie on the freeway about for a mile probably doing 65/70 mph.

i know what you mean. they are way too quick. i just picked up a gsx-r and i can't believe they are street legal. i regret getting it until i get on it. then all you can see is a big smile inside a helmet. then an hour after i get off i regret it once again...

Did you see the way that #@$%! was taking the curves? He wasn't picking his apex right with the speed & kepts coming out of the curves into the edge of the road.

Good way to hit the loose stuff on the side of the road & dump the bike
crazy.gif

GL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back