What is CD-2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've run two bottles in my oil at the moment, not many people know much about it. I changed my oil filter before i added the two bottles to me oil.. so i'll cut open the oil filter and take pictures for you the coming wednesday.

Alemite CD-2 is actually a line of auto chemicals.
The CD-2 that helps oil burning is a STP clone(motor honey);
the other CD-2 is a detergent additive. They also have other engine adds. that don't get much notice.

There are various CD-2 supplements. One for example is supposed to stop seal leaks. Another is supposed to have extra detergents to clean an engine and keep it clean. Another is supposed to be an oil supplement. And so forth.

I do not believe in CD-2 products personally myself. I had a small seal leak in a car I owned previously and a CD-2 product that was supposed to stop seal leaks did exactly zilch. After I did an Auto-RX cleaning the seal leak stopped.

Somebody at this website had a CD-2 oil supplement product tested and as I remember according to the VOA the CD-2 consisted of a mineral oil with a small amount of chemical additive (less chemical additive than in the typical SM rated motor oil!).

You would be better off, in my opinion, using Auto-RX to clean an engine and keep it clean than trying to clean the engine with the CD-2 detergent additive.

I used cd-2 engine treatment last eyar on my 95 neon...What i did notice, halfway and up until my oil change, the oil on dipstick remianed a nice yellow!!! It was truning black, added the cd 2, and oil turned yellow after about 4 or 5 days of driving. Upon pulling the oil pan bolt, the oil actually looked healhty! not all gooy and carboned up. Thats my cd-2 experiencel

Quote:

I used cd-2 engine treatment last eyar on my 95 neon...What i did notice, halfway and up until my oil change, the oil on dipstick remianed a nice yellow!!! It was truning black, added the cd 2, and oil turned yellow after about 4 or 5 days of driving. Upon pulling the oil pan bolt, the oil actually looked healhty! not all gooy and carboned up. Thats my cd-2 experiencel

Wait, you mean the additive made your dirty oil...clean? How could that happen? A cleaning additive should do the opposite, turn light colored oil dark as it places the gunk into suspension.

Maybe its too late and I missed something
laugh.gif
Been a long week for me!

maybe it put the gunk back on the engine. maybe it caused it to coagulate into something thick enough to be trapped by the filter, maybe it contains OXYCLEAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back