Toyota Fuel Injector Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can highly recomend the old style little metal cans of Toyota's Injector cleaner. It is seriously concentrated and must be made up of close to 100% Amines and Butyl Cellulose XXXXXXX.... It has the viscosity of sligly warmed syrup or honey and has a yellow color. While I am sure their are some petroleme distilates in it their must not be many. I could not smell any petroleme distillates in it over the strong smell of amines! I added it to a half tank of gas intending to fill the tank. Needless to say I never filled the tank and am now down to a 1/4 of a tank. I can already fell a marked improvment in idle and smoothnes of the engine.

I think I tossed the can in the trash but yes it is available over the parts counter. I will check to see if I can find the can. I have never had anything work this fast and produce results that were so noticable. I usualy use Redline Si-1 or Lucas UCL.

Quote:

Is it available over the dealership's parts counter?

ScreamingTaco,

It's available from over the counter at any Toyota dealership. Don't let them tell you that it's not available anymore because it's a lie! I was told this from a Los Angeles area dealership and it turned out to be totally bogus.

Like the others have said it's strong stuff so add it on a half a tank of gas and use that half up in one weeks time. It'll eat through your fuel lines.

Durango
usa2.gif

I had to dig through the trash to find that can and get that number!!! You guys best know I like you guys all a lot! If it was anyone other then BITOG members I would have told you that you are SOL onthat part number!

It is an over counter item. I jus bought some a month ago about $10.89. It's not too bad. I have used it on my honda beside my taco. I liked it.

I never knew there was a Toyota fuel injector cleaner. I'll give that a try for the Camry.

Is it possible it is re-labled BG44k?

Don't know. It didn't put anything clearly on the can's label. Liquid inside is thicker than other fuel injector cleaner. Look at the picture posted by mikered30. That's the can.

I've read about BG44k as being a great fuel injector cleaner as well. It also comes in a metal can. Perhaps this is a re-badged BG product. If so, the price seems right as the BG44k fuel cleaner is between $19-25 per can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back