Mobil 1 EP vs. Amsoil Ea vs. Purolator Pure One

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read through a web page where the author prefered the Mobil 1 over the Pure One because it appeared to him like it would flow very well and had not found any flow data for it. In his opinion both filtered well. He had no comment on the Amsoil filter other than it looked like good construction, he hadn't really done a full review on it yet.

I'm thinking about running a Mobil 1 EP filter with Royal Purple oil on a 6-12 mo OCI since I will likely put significantly less than 5k on my 4Runner in a years time.

I also have an Amsoil connection so I could go 100% Amsoil products, but I like being able to pick RP up at the local stores.

I didn't post a link since they are not a sponser and I've been bonked once already and that is enough.

I did a google search for "engine oil filter" and the top link was "Engine Oil Filter Study." Look for minimopar in the link.

No, they are fine for normal drain intervals although the Eao appears to filter out much better.

Fresh completely rebuilt 22RE. It may get started today for the first time if my buddy gets it installed. It will be running Mobil Clean 5000 for the break in and the I'm going to Royal Purple around 2,000 miles. For the price I can justify anything but the Toyota filters. It will probably get 6-12 month OCI which will still be less than 5,000 miles even if I take a trip. The filters should be fine and I'm not at all concerned about the RP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back