Potential cross to the Amsoil EaBP!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be sure to ask them to compare these numbers.
1. Efficiency - the EaBP has an efficiency of 98.7% at 2 microns according to ISO 4548-12. In addition, soot removal was determined to be a time weighted average of 39% according to test method ISO/WD 23556:2002.
2. Cost - Preferred Customers can purchase the Amsoil Bypass filters for $28-34.
3. Amsoil Bypass filters are good up to 60,000 miles.

They are 1.5" thread, so not a direct replacement for the Amsoil.

They are however as efficient as the Amsoil and bigger than the EaBP110, you really need to read their abstract on the test results...they are 2u @ 98.7%...

They cost $94 (jobber)...probably less than that through a dealer...

But IMHO, getting away from ANYTHING Amsoil, priceless. I am going to buy this setup and give it a try...probably buy it next month and sell the Amsoil (good riddence to bad rubbish)...Sorry, but Amsoil rubbed me the wrong way earlier this week, they lost a customer.

steved

Quote:

They are however as efficient as the Amsoil and bigger than the EaBP110, you really need to read their abstract on the test results...they are 2u @ 98.7%...

It does state Beta2=75 ..but on that same page it shows 96% efficiency on the graph.

I think this will cost substantially more then an Amsoil filter.

Quote:

Quote:

It does state Beta2=75 ..but on that same page it shows 96% efficiency on the graph.

I'm aware it costs more than an Amsoil, but that isn't an issue since I want rid of the Amsoil unit I have...

And I feel that it would be ideal for me...

steved

The mount has an orifice. The size would be interesting. Also, the thread of the mount would be nice to know.
Since it is recommended for large sumps, you would probably have to restrict it more for smaller engines.
I wouldn't be surprised if it could run as a full flow if engine is small enough.

http://www.luberfiner.com/products/docs/ZgardFAQ.pdf
http://www.luberfiner.com/products/docs/ZgardInstallation.pdf
Heres the SAE paper.
http://www.enginecomponents.co.za/downlo...1cc6ba277177d7e

Is 1.18m² of media enough?
Filter holds a gallon of oil!
B2=75 98.7% efficiency!
TBN control with sacrificial zinc?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm aware it costs more than an Amsoil, but that isn't an issue since I want rid of the Amsoil unit I have...

And I feel that it would be ideal for me...

steved

Well, you're the one who has to decide. I didn't quite get a grip on your frustration with the Amsoil EaBp line. Out of just about all spin-on filters that I've seen, they always appeared to be the best I could find in the same cost:longevity class. If this is either a BMK-11 or BMK-12 ..shoot me a PM with your price. I'll see if I can handle it.

This Champ Lab offering appears to be a comparable offering for those who can use it. The efficiency is right up there with Amsoil's and it appears to offer some added features. From their literature, it doesn't appear to be designed with any extended drain interval involved. In the FAQ, it states to change it with the full flow filters. This causes me to wonder why they went to the bother of putting the zinc additive in there to extend the TBN
confused.gif
The oil, when not used in extended service, shouldn't have a TBN issue ...or so I reason
dunno.gif

Good luck with it
cheers.gif

Quote:

The mount has an orifice. The size would be interesting. Also, the thread of the mount would be nice to know.
Since it is recommended for large sumps, you would probably have to restrict it more for smaller engines.
I wouldn't be surprised if it could run as a full flow if engine is small enough.

http://www.luberfiner.com/products/docs/ZgardFAQ.pdf
http://www.luberfiner.com/products/docs/ZgardInstallation.pdf
Heres the SAE paper.
http://www.enginecomponents.co.za/downlo...1cc6ba277177d7e

Is 1.18m² of media enough?
Filter holds a gallon of oil!
B2=75 98.7% efficiency!
TBN control with sacrificial zinc?

The thread is 1.5" (most likely 1.5" pipe) and has a restriction. I am going to call them (again) and ask what the restriction size is...

I can completely see the use of zinc...it is a sacrificial anode the acid will preferentially attact, this would negate the loss of acid nutralizing additive that perform that task...

steved

Quote:

Well, you're the one who has to decide. I didn't quite get a grip on your frustration with the Amsoil EaBp line.

...it doesn't appear to be designed with any extended drain interval involved. In the FAQ, it states to change it with the full flow filters. This causes me to wonder why they went to the bother of putting the zinc additive in there to extend the TBN
confused.gif
The oil, when not used in extended service, shouldn't have a TBN issue ...or so I reason
dunno.gif

Good luck with it
cheers.gif

My whole deal with amsoil is their poor customer service...everytime I have ordered something from them, they screw it up and I end up eating the shipping or wrong product (because paying to return it and then paying to ship the correct stuff made it cost-prohibitive - this was what Amsoil told me about shipping costs). I'm so disgusted with Amsoil, I might lay this BMK-11 on the driveway and beat it with a sledge hammer. I have owned my last anything that says Amsoil on it. And again, while the EaBP's numbers might look good, they don't appear to do the job the BEs did IMO.

As for the LuberFiner, I believe they are stating you can simply change the fullflow and the bypass on an extended OCI (unlike others where you change the fullflow out several times)...that's how I took that??? Basically, you'd be extending the change interval of the oil, fullflow, and bypass.

steved

Got a local Luber-Finer dealer to get me a cost...

Filter is $70 and the base is $38. which isn't that horribly bad considering how long you could run on them...

I am waiting a call back from Luber-Finer about the restriction size...but from the pictures, it looks like there are three 1/4"ish holes??? I will post it up when I hear from Luber-Finer...

steved

Quote:

My whole deal with amsoil is their poor customer service...everytime I have ordered something from them, they screw it up and I end up eating the shipping or wrong product (because paying to return it and then paying to ship the correct stuff made it cost-prohibitive - this was what Amsoil told me about shipping costs). I'm so disgusted with Amsoil, I might lay this BMK-11 on the driveway and beat it with a sledge hammer. I have owned my last anything that says Amsoil on it. And again, while the EaBP's numbers might look good, they don't appear to do the job the BEs did IMO.

Don't hold back now. Tell us how you really feel
laugh.gif

No, I understand your frustration ..but I would have employed the use of the dealer that introduced you to the product line and brought him to task to get the order right. Someone other then you should have taken it on the chin for an improper shipment of product. Again, if you can resist the urge to use the sledge hammer ..let me know
smile.gif

Quote:

I believe they are stating you can simply change the fullflow and the bypass on an extended OCI

I dunno
confused.gif

Q. How often does the LFP9750 need to be changed? A. The LFP9750 should be changed at your normal service interval when the other lube filters on your engine are changed.

When you make your call, ask them what they consider "normal". Normal to the engine manufacturer ..or normal to the end user
dunno.gif

It's like my favorite PR statement:

"First I think we need to define "completely destroyed" before I could comment on that."
grin.gif

Hmmm, I missed that Q & A...I thought I was reading about the extended intervals in the abstract.

I am still waiting for some clarification on some other offers, but if they fall through, this will be my next filter.

steved

I would think that this would support extended drains in terms of soot control. It's funny what some filter and oil manufacturers will print to CYA.

I wouldn't see where they would be any different from any other spin-on filter...the Amsoil is rated for 60k, and the LuberFiner is another 2 inches longer than the EaBP110.

I am waiting for a phone call from LuberFiner about the orifice restriction size. I am going to ask them too if these have any type of internal bypass (I don't believe they do looking at the literature, but it won't hurt to ask)...

I had two other offers for filters...an oilguard and a Gulf Coast. The OilGuard turned out to be a L10 (the small one), I feel it is too small for my Cummins. The GulfCoast will probably be out of my price range, but I'm hopeful. The TP filters just won't work for me unfortunately...too short of change intervals.

If these the GulfCoast doesn't work out, I'll be placing an order next week for the LuberFiner.

steved

OK, the restriction is 0.101" which is significantly bigger than a 1/16" @ 0.0625 or 3/32" @ 0.0938, but smaller than 1/8" @ 0.125 and 7/64" @ 0.109...

Looks like I'll need to "modify" the restriction for my smaller flow application. I am currently running 1/16"...

steved

Quote:

Well well I find this kind of funny. Really I've been a dealer for 7 years. Amsoil Screws up an order, they send you the right stuff, then issue a call tag for the wrong stuff. Matter of fact I had to do this the other day.

Secondly, If it's the case that "YOU" ordered the wrong product how can you expect Amsoil to eat your mistake.

Thirdly, what sets some dealers apart from others is CUSTOMER SERVICE

I guess you get what you get when you don't choose a competent dealer.

Good luck with the new companies you work with. Hope you never go postal on any of them.
crushedcar.gif

Quote:

Well well I find this kind of funny. Really I've been a dealer for 7 years. Amsoil Screws up an order, they send you the right stuff, then issue a call tag for the wrong stuff. Matter of fact I had to do this the other day.

Secondly, If it's the case that "YOU" ordered the wrong product how can you expect Amsoil to eat your mistake.

Thirdly, what sets some dealers apart from others is CUSTOMER SERVICE

I guess you get what you get when you don't choose a competent dealer.

First, I don't care if you have been a dealer for 27 years, I had issues with Amsoil, Period. Just because you are a dealer doesn't mean they didn't screw up. What does YOUR 7 years as a dealer have to do with this?? Were YOU personally involved in this transaction?? Were you aware I haven't used a dealer (well, once and that was a fiasco too), but have ordered straight through Amsoil?? If you have nothing more to add than "YOU must have screwed up", then why post if you really know nothing about what transpired????

And FYI, on my orders, I received a little thing called an "invoice" and the order in the little box didn't match the "invoice". The stuff in the box SHOULD at least match the "invoice", or so I thought??

Secondly, I tried to use a contributing Amsoil dealer on this site to place this order for MTF because of my previous problems and was politely told "NO". So I did make an attempt to go through a reputable Amsoil dealer to get Amsoil products.

I have never had a order screwed up through Summit Racing in the past 16 years ordering through them (probably close to 50 orders now) and probably over 100 trips to their Akron store. I will continue to get my Redline through them.

steved

Quote:

I dunno
confused.gif

Q. How often does the LFP9750 need to be changed? A. The LFP9750 should be changed at your normal service interval when the other lube filters on your engine are changed.

When you make your call, ask them what they consider "normal". Normal to the engine manufacturer ..or normal to the end user
dunno.gif

They told me the change interval is dependant on oil analysis, which is the answer every bypass filter manufacturer provides. So I guess the answer is end user defined using UOA.

I'll PM you when I get closer to pulling the BMK-11 off...

steved

I also forgot, not unlike every other bypass filter, the luber-finer has no internal bypass valve. They will not flow if they become plugged...

steved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back