JUST changed my oil filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

If you believe that putting spent hydrotreated, and residual solvent dewaxed petroleum oil in your crankcase is a good thing

427, what will this stuff do? Will it disolve anything? Is it only the risk of the chunks pluggin up the engine?

Winston, This is just a formula of corrosion inhibitrs and extra detergents. That #@$%! he was talking about is bull, it's not going to hurt anything if not make it better.

Quote:

If I can clean my engine for cheaper, i'll do it.......
If there comes a serious problem then i'll use auto-rx But i can't spent around 40 bucks unless I have to But that's just me.

How much was that flush? Having clumps of goop sticking to your oil pump pickup screen sounds a lot more expensive than $40.

from the bottle (new one) someone should run a VOA on this.
"NOW WITH! corrosion inhibitors & more detergents!
CLEANS all internal engine parts."
"Disolves Sludge, Carbon and Gum"

Quote:

Quote:

If you believe that putting spent hydrotreated, and residual solvent dewaxed petroleum oil in your crankcase is a good thing

427, what will this stuff do? Will it disolve anything? Is it only the risk of the chunks pluggin up the engine?

It's like Group I base oil. Has a higher aniline point. Same effect. The risk of clumps are likely from the solvent cleaner used initially.

The other misconception here is that higher levels of the detergents and dispersants used in motor oil is going to clean up a heavily sludged engine in an OCI or two. They won't.

Thank you for your interest in CD-2 products. We assume that the product in question was our CD-2 Oil Detergent. The older CD-2 Oil Detergent did contain a calcium based detergent and it also had a corrosion inhibitor package as well. The CD-2 Maxx Oil Detergent contained a lubricity and extreme pressure additive as well as the other additives. If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.

they said it's confidential.
lol big deep voice guy named kelly.

Richard P. Kelly
Technical Manager, Performance Products
625 Willowbrook Center Parkway
Willowbrook, IL 60527
Tel: 630-455-3866
Fax: 630-455-3868

Quote:

well, i didnt plan in a oci or two. auto-rx take long.. or long-er...

That's a good thing. It's slow so it's safe, but effective. It also has FM and AW effects so there's no need for cheap outdated SJ add packs to be incorporated like the snake oil stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back