Local NAPA Carries Amsoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it could only be bought through mailorder?? I know where I'm getting my oil from now on
grin.gif

A common misconception. Small, independently owned stores in the USA can carry Amsoil. If the chain is over (8 or 10 or something) store, then it's considered "too big".

The bummer is, though, you don't get the BiTOG discount, nor (and more importantly) do you support BiTOG if you don't buy from a sponsor. All the sponors here (OilGuard, Royal Purple, Redline, Mobil, Amsoil, etc) pay a fee to support this site.....corporate Amsoil does NOT pay this fee...I do....

I can see some people don't like stuff delivered to their door the next day or so. I love it, though....but that's just me.

quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
A common misconception. Small, independently owned stores in the USA can carry Amsoil. If the chain is over (8 or 10 or something) store, then it's considered "too big".

The bummer is, though, you don't get the BiTOG discount, nor (and more importantly) do you support BiTOG if you don't buy from a sponsor. All the sponors here (OilGuard, Royal Purple, Redline, Mobil, Amsoil, etc) pay a fee to support this site.....corporate Amsoil does NOT pay this fee...I do....

I can see some people don't like stuff delivered to their door the next day or so. I love it, though....but that's just me.

Over 8 or 10 what? Stores in a state?

dunno.gif

Each Napa store is private franchise, therefore not a chain. So that owner can buy Amsoil as a customer or prefered customer.

My local Napa stocks it. 10w-30 (ATM) is over $8 a qrt!!!

Bet they will sell the XL series to anybody in bulk.

Reckon if a car maker wanted to use it as a factory fill, Big Al would say no?

really? I didn't know that I could order from the individuals on here =P, well, forget NAPA, ill order from one of ya'll
grin.gif

quote:

It is sold at GI Joes around here. It's a sports/automotive chain around the northwest. They have alot more than 10 stores - all of which carry Amsoil.

quote:

The bummer is, though, you don't get the BiTOG discount

And how much extra do save in shipping?

At GI Joes, I believe all the motor oil is $6, and the gear oil is about $9.

Amsoil is sold at Canadian Tire in Canada, and believe me, there are hundreds of these stores, if not a few thousand, from coast to coast. Apparently one Amsoil salesman got that account too! He's set for life!

First of all Canada is not USA. Yet.

Please check how many GI Joes. (There aren't that many) But I think they were allowed to stay as an account when this new policy started. GI Joes in Lynnwood was my first encounter with Amsoil, some years back (I actually was not too familiar with the company then). I can't beat the prices when Amsoil goes on sale at GI Joes because they are selling at their cost!!! (Sucks to be me in PNW)

Somebody sent this to me:

quote:

Just a bit of info to hold in the back of your mind:

AMSOIL got a call from a company which wanted to carry AMSOIL in its many, many auto parts stores, but wanted to deal direct with AMSOIL (none of this AMSOIL dealer BS).
Initial order would be $2,000,000. AMSOIL rep said he didn;t think they could do business.
Guy got extremely agititated, and demanded that the rep talk to the big boss, and he'd call back next day. Called back, offered to raise initial order to $2.5 million. Got same answer-- sorrry, we can't do business. Some heated discussion later, the fellow who called said that he had been an AMSOIL dealer years back, and respected what Al was doing to protect his dealers.

AMSOIL rep told him thanks, and that the day before he had given the same reply to another large national chain.
Company must be doing something right--sales have about doubled in past 3 years.

quote:

First of all Canada is not USA. Yet.

Please check how many GI Joes. (There aren't that many)

I count 22 locations in Oregon and Washington on their website.

I think it's great that the Amsoil dealers help support this site, but I really hate the way they do business. Many of the Amsoil dealers are pushy and sneaky, doing anything they can to make a buck with their Amsoil. (I'm not talking about any of the dealers here) It also makes it hard to find for most people...if I couldn't buy any locally I would just go with Mobile 1. They could be making ALOT more money if they'd quit with this whole dealer crap...

I'm not sure Amsoil wouldn't be belly up if not for "this whole dealer crap" (I guess I'm ok because I'm a 1/2 dealer
grin.gif
)

Think about synthetic oil sales up until about 2000. Think about synthetic oil sales in the 70's and 80's....maybe now that all the other big motor oils have jumped on the band wagon (with the notable exception of M1) Amsoil could go retail, but...most of those dealers from those days are still around, old farts or the wife and the kids maybe have the dealerships now. Al would be screwing them big time......me I don't givakrap, I just like oil....but I hate when people attack me for what I am...as if I did something bad to them.

Remember there always should be more than one way to sell a product...the world would suck if all sales were the same with some middle men making all the cash.

With Amsoil it's just Al and his early comrades raking in the cash, cause I ain't making sh!t here!!!

quote:

22 stores for GI Joes - wow - I guess they snuck under the fence. Are they independently owned?

I doubt it...the one here would have went belly up a long time ago if it was independant. The parking lot never has more than 5 cars in it...most of them are employees. It's rather creepy when I go in there, so quiet...

Hi Guys,

Murray's Auto Parts stores (large chain of stores) in the Detroit area sells Amsoil,
$5.99 for 5W-30 & 10W-30 (not the XL stuff).
They sell gear lube too, forgot what the price is.

Wouldn't Al Amatuzio and Amsoil bring on a lawsuit from the dealers if he sold directly to businesses?
dunno.gif

Durr just email or PM.

I don't know about Murray's again maybe grand fathered in. I doubt a lawsuit would work, it's his business.

$5.99 is not good pricing. Above sugested retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back