Rotella T - new Formulation ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have run Rotella T 15-40 in the warmer months in my 02 Land Rover Discovery. I use the 5W-40 synthetic in the winter. Is it ok to use the new formulation as I don't see it as SL rated?

Thanks,

John

Better yet run CJ4 10w30 conventional and save money and stockage of different product. As always back up any decision to run any lubricant brand/grade with HIGH quality oil analysis interpreted by a professional.

Terry

www.dysonanalysis.com

Thanks everybody. If they still have the old style on the shelf should I use that or go with the new version?

Quote:

Better yet run CJ4 10w30 conventional and save money and stockage of different product. As always back up any decision to run any lubricant brand/grade with HIGH quality oil analysis interpreted by a professional.

Terry,

I would, but Rover spec's a 40 wt oil. I will be sending a kit in after the Auto-rx rinse phase is over. Got some seal leaks I'm trying to help out. Am about halfway there, only using 1/2 quart between changes and the spotting is minimal.

John

Terry

www.dysonanalysis.com

what happened to the edit function............
smile.gif

Terry,

have you interpreted a lot of Rovers? What in our opinion would be a good oil to gowith after the rinse. Syntehtic seems to seep a lot more so probably stick with conventional. 10W-30 CJ-4 I have never seen here locally. Wold a truck stop probably have it? Torn between the Delo and shell.

john

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back